NGD Schecter Avenger FRS7 juicy aqua burst

• Thread starter Konstantine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konstantine

Reaction score
I had seen these a couple times on the internet back when they released them as a limited run of 12 in 2014 and was very, VERY tempted at the time but somehow managed to fight the gas... until now.

Came across a listing late at night in dead mint condition with the fitted ohsc for a great price and just couldn't pass. Loving everything about it so far. It's my first guitar with a nazgul pickup and I have to say, I see why keith merrow likes that pickup so much now. It has a very aggressive snarl and attack for palm mutes and just really screams. This is also my first guitar equipped with a sustaniac and I am having way too much fun messing with that. It makes doing whammy tricks like harmonic divebombs a breeze and I've already found some creative ways to mess with it. The neck is super slim, easily as thin as the prestige RGD I had before and the satin finish on the back of the neck feels great. The solid one piece swamp ash body has some really nice figuring on the back. The top on this guitar is what really caught my eye, it's astounding in person, just lovely. All in all for what I paid, this was a great catch and will remain with me for years to come.

Anyways, enough with my blabbering, here are some sh!tty pics I took finally. Cheers

I left the trem plate off for now, was too lazy to put it back for the photo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I've got one but the quilt isn't half as sexy as yours. Also, mine is matte finished which I don't care for as much as that gloss on yours. Very jealous of that one. What a beauty. HNGD

TankJon666

Reaction score
I hate 99% of Schecters! This however is the 1% I'd sell my gran for! Love it! HNGD! Definitely need one in my life.

Konstantine

Reaction score
I've got one but the quilt isn't half as sexy as yours. Also, mine is matte finished which I don't care for as much as that gloss on yours. Very jealous of that one. What a beauty. HNGD

I think that's the latest run they did, right? With the mahogany top binding and flame maple instead of quilt?

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I think that's the latest run they did, right? With the mahogany top binding and flame maple instead of quilt?

Not sure. Mine is from 2015... matte finishes and not so great quilts from the few that I saw online. I think even the burst on yours is nicer. You got one of the best A7 Aqua-burst quilts that I've ever seen.

Konstantine

Reaction score
Not sure. Mine is from 2015... matte finishes and not so great quilts from the few that I saw online. I think even the burst on yours is nicer. You got one of the best A7 Aqua-burst quilts that I've ever seen.

This quilt is just amazing. Interesting... The first run seems to have a substantial amount of differences from the second run. The second run has matte finish instead of gloss, mahog body instead of ash, smoked chrome hardware instead of black, different headstock, different bridge pickup, flamed top instead of quilt, body top binding where mine doesn't have it, different neck binding. Not sure what else may be different. The seller had the link to the website that was selling the first run but he took down the ad and I cant find the site now.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Luckily I got black hrdwre. I've considered having it refinished gloss but I'm nervous trusting anyone with the sensitive Sustainiac electronics. No binding on mine so that's cool. Some Avengers look good with it imo, others not so much.

7JxN7

Reaction score
These are such a bucket list guitar for me and probably the only schecter I have any interest in. HNGD man! looks great

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
HNGD! Sounds like a willing accomplice in sonic mayhem. Great when you lay your hands on a guitar and it can do all the things you want it to, no excuses.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Everything about that guitar:

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Happy NGD!

Latest posts