NGD Schecter Banshee 8A

• Thread starter Anquished
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've had my eye on trying an 8 string for a little while and I was originally going to buy a Schecter C8 Deluxe. I figured that if 8's weren't for me then I hadn't dumped a ton of money. However if I liked it, I could upgrade it's components or get a better guitar.

I found this up for not much more than the C8 and gas hit like a truck. So I pulled the trigger!

I literally got this today so I'm still in the honeymoon phase but my initial impressions are that it is a fantastic instrument. Build quality is excellent, it feels solid and has a nice amount of weight to it. The locking tuners and hipshot bridge are really nice to have too. The only flaw I've found so far is that the binding's a little weird on the upper horn.

It feels really nice to play, the neck profile is really comfortable and I like the 20" fret board radius quite abit. Like I said earlier, it's got a nice amount of weight and it sits quite nicely.

Sound wise, this is the first time I've bought a guitar with EMG's. I'm personally not too keen on the pickups. They seem abit muddy on the lowest string to my ears although this could be due to how my amps dialled in at the moment. I will probably swap them out at some point to passives such as the Pegasus/Sentient set, although I wish they did the new Holcomb 8 set in soapbars..

So yeah, this is my new guitar! Anyone got any 8 string starter tips they wouldn't mind sharing?

Attachments

• schecter box.jpg
    schecter box.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 36
  • schecter front.jpg
    schecter front.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 96
  • schecter back.jpg
    schecter back.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 58
  • Schecter headstock.jpg
    Schecter headstock.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Schecter body.jpg
    Schecter body.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 79

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've had my eye on trying an 8 string for a little while and I was originally going to buy a Schecter C8 Deluxe. I figured that if 8's weren't for me then I hadn't dumped a ton of money. However if I liked it, I could upgrade it's components or get a better guitar.

I found this up for not much more than the C8 and gas hit like a truck. So I pulled the trigger!

I literally got this today so I'm still in the honeymoon phase but my initial impressions are that it is a fantastic instrument. Build quality is excellent, it feels solid and has a nice amount of weight to it. The locking tuners and hipshot bridge are really nice to have too. The only flaw I've found so far is that the binding's a little weird on the upper horn.

It feels really nice to play, the neck profile is really comfortable and I like the 20" fret board radius quite abit. Like I said earlier, it's got a nice amount of weight and it sits quite nicely.

Sound wise, this is the first time I've bought a guitar with EMG's. I'm personally not too keen on the pickups. They seem abit muddy on the lowest string to my ears although this could be due to how my amps dialled in at the moment. I will probably swap them out at some point to passives such as the Pegasus/Sentient set, although I wish they did the new Holcomb 8 set in soapbars..

So yeah, this is my new guitar! Anyone got any 8 string starter tips they wouldn't mind sharing?

schecter makes nice stuff. Love my avenger 8. Anyways, if you want soapbar mounted pickups then just measure the length of the emgs, find the corresponding bass pickup cover on mojotone's site and buy it. Slap your pickups in it, and voila you now have soapbar passives. If you want the polepieces to show then you have to drill some holes in the cover. It'll save you the upcharge that duncan has for soapbar pickups.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
killer!!!
absolutely love these older banshee models and the newer elite models.
be sure to do a review of your pickup swap when the time comes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Looks killer glad you like it and im sure some holcombs would kill in that.

I have a banshee elite 8 thats being shipped to me as we speak and this post is cranking up my excitment even more.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
schecter makes nice stuff. Love my avenger 8. Anyways, if you want soapbar mounted pickups then just measure the length of the emgs, find the corresponding bass pickup cover on mojotone's site and buy it. Slap your pickups in it, and voila you now have soapbar passives. If you want the polepieces to show then you have to drill some holes in the cover. It'll save you the upcharge that duncan has for soapbar pickups.

Ah thanks, that's actually a really good idea. I will look into it once my wallet has recovered.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
killer!!!
absolutely love these older banshee models and the newer elite models.
be sure to do a review of your pickup swap when the time comes!

Thanks man, its a shame they stopped doing these particular ones. I wish I'd grabbed the 7 string model when I had the chance. I will make sure to put up a review of whatever new pickups I go for.

Looks killer glad you like it and im sure some holcombs would kill in that.

I have a banshee elite 8 thats being shipped to me as we speak and this post is cranking up my excitment even more.

Nice dude! NGD that when you get it! :yesway:

BigHandy

Reaction score
This for the price of a C8 Deluxe?!:eek: Wish I could be that lucky... In my country the after market for EGRs is like the size of a weasel hole...:noplease:

I would rather go for a Banshee too (still available in some local shops) if I would have the budget for a new one, but I guess I had to content myself with a Demon 8...

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
This for the price of a C8 Deluxe?!:eek: Wish I could be that lucky... In my country the after market for EGRs is like the size of a weasel hole...:noplease:

I would rather go for a Banshee too (still available in some local shops) if I would have the budget for a new one, but I guess I had to content myself with a Demon 8...

Yeah man I got very lucky - this was their last one. I paid about £60 more for the Banshee than the C8.

Is there no super expensive way of getting them from abroad for you?

ibanez4lifesz

@TheGuitarRack
Reaction score
Sounds like some people have already made similar comments, but I feel so strongly about it I will repeat - hard to find better value in a guitar than these original Banshee models. These things are awesome, and crazy cheap for what they are. Congrats!:yesway:

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
Sounds like some people have already made similar comments, but I feel so strongly about it I will repeat - hard to find better value in a guitar than these original Banshee models. These things are awesome, and crazy cheap for what they are. Congrats!:yesway:

100% agreed! :yesway:

Like I also said earlier, I REALLY wish I'd bought the 7 string model when I had the chance.