NGD: Schecter Blackjack ATX Avenger Aged White

• Thread starter warpedsoul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

warpedsoul

Reaction score
A few of you may have seen a thread asking about setting up a 24.75" scale Schecter Solo 6 in Drop A after I sold my 7 string Schecter C-7. Well, I got too concerned about how it would handle and started looking around for a 25.5". I really wanted a Jim Root Tele that was listed here, but wasn't able to get the funds :(. But I was able to sell a phone and my Epiphone Explorer to get a Schecter Blackjack ATX Avenger in Aged White. I've always liked the Avenger style, and the fact that it came with Blackouts and an Ebony fretboard, well I couldn't pass it up with the price I got it. Plus, I haven't seen many Avengers around from the ATX line, so that is kind of cool.

The guy I bought it from on ebay was a really good guy. Even took it to get it set up in Drop A for me at his local Guitar Center, and shipped it in a gig bag, which I didn't know about, so thats a plus. The only confusion was that I was going to be out of town this weekend, and had asked that he send it to my address in VA if it was going to be delivered on Friday or Saturday, or just wait a day or two so it will arrive at my current place in WV while I'm there, and he agreed. He shipped out on last Tuesday and was told that that it would arrive the following Monday. Great. Except when I checked the tracking on Sunday morning and was told it was delivered on Saturday. UH OH. I have NO ONE that could have gotten it out of the weather for me.

Well I get home about 1 am this morning, and there was a box at my door. I don't know if USPS did this but there was a bag over the box. Which is fine, in theory, but what happened is that water got in the bag in kept it there. I got the box out and water is all over the floor. Luckily, I don't think that water got to the gig bag. The way the guitar was wrapped water didn't get to the guitar even if it got to the bag. I was concerned to see he put tape on the actual finish of the guitar when he wrapped it in bubble wrap, but luckily it didn't take the finish off. I tuned the guitar last night, and tried checking all I could, but it was cold, and I knew I wouldn't get an accurate evaluation until it had adjusted.

Come home today, and it is still in tune. I checked the neck, and it is dead straight. Has a slight buzz on the high strings, but nothing major. Blackouts sound great, and all works as they should. There isn't a ding or scratch on it, so it is basically a brand new guitar. But this thing as a beefy neck, and I'm not sure about that. I guess I'll have to get used to it (unless someone wants to trade :D). I'm just glad that all worked out in the end :D. Disaster avoided.

But sorry for the long story. Here are the pics.

20140331_171321_zps2s0gdo4o.jpg

20140331_171329_zpsnbpt9vop.jpg

20140331_171335_zpsopaabkl4.jpg

20140331_171348_zpscsu3yqqz.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

warpedsoul

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some MOP dot stickers to add to it, but after playing it last night I didn't really have a problem without having any markers besides the 12th. I played some Rocksmith 2014 and had a few Drop A custom songs, and didn't get mixed up any. So for now I'll leave it stickerless.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
Sweet...i had the ATX solo 6 in aged white...amazing guitars...your right the Avengers are a rarer bird indeed...enjoy! the Blackouts are awesome.

warpedsoul

Reaction score
Sweet...i had the ATX solo 6 in aged white...amazing guitars...your right the Avengers are a rarer bird indeed...enjoy! the Blackouts are awesome.

I like Blackouts more than EMG's. I had the EMTY Blackouts in my 7 string that I had tuned to Drop A. May eventually put the 6 string EMTY in this one. OUt of 5 guitars I have that have actives, 4 have Blackouts.

Miijk

Walking E-string
Reaction score
I did just noticed the truss rod cover was crooked, but thats fixed now .

Oh dude! Now I can't unsee it :lol:

Anyways! She looks stunning! thanks for the GAS xD