NGD - Schecter Blackjack C7 atx (WSN)

cyrilMYAIM

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I bought my first sevenstring four days ago. I was hesitating between the Schecter Blackjack C7 atx and the Ltd SC607b. I finally chose the Blackjack over the SC because of the slightly shorter neck which felt more comfortable to me. I have to say that I don't regret my choice at all for this is an absolutely amazing guitar! I love everything about it. The finish is perfect. It's the Walnut Satin version. It's a really nice color and I think more people should get this one instead of the creamy white version. But that's just my opinion. The fretwork, the inlay and electronics are very well done as well! I can't see any little flaw on it at the moment. I haven't really tested the locking tuners yet as I haven't changed strings, but they seem very sturdy at first glance. The action was really high when I got it, but that was fixed quite easily. I now have a really low action and I have no buzzes whatsoever, which is great! They only thing I will have to get used to are the pickups. I used to play EMG's and this one comes with Blackouts. These pickups actually sound totally different to me. They have huge amounts of low end but I guess turning back the bass and resonance of my 6505 should fix this quite easily. I haven't really tested that either at the moment. My first impressions about the guitar in general are really good. But then again, that's my first sevenstring.

pics will follow as soon as I can get my hands on a decent camera.

You can find all the specs and features here

:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cyrilMYAIM

Reaction score
Here are some pictures! Hope you'll like it!

Attachments

• DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    898.9 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    804.9 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    812.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    821 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    930.4 KB · Views: 273

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
gorgeous!
I find Schecter are getting better and better at making very aesthetically pleasing guitars as of late.

cyrilMYAIM

Reaction score
The inlay is my only problem with this beautiful model
A lot of people don't like the inlay. I personally like it a lot. It shouldn't hold you back from buying the guitar though, because it's one awesome instrument in my opinion.

cyrilMYAIM

Reaction score
Congrats again :D
When is PJ getting his 7?

Edit: it's a beauty :D

It won't be soon. He hasn't got any money for it at the moment. we discussed the matter yesterday. We tried playing with my Schecter and his ltd EC1000, (both in drop A) but the ltd couldn't handle the low tuning even though it had big strings on it... I guess I'll have to use my 6stringer for rehearsals and concerts as long as he doesn't have the money... :wallbash:

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I never liked the walnut finish but now that i see it with the binding it looks pretty good. On others such as the omen series it doesnt have any binding. This one looks better. Nice buy.

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Nice guitar!

I'm getting the same, in black, on monday :D

About the inlay, this is DA solution:

SharpieMarker.jpg

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
gorgeous!
I find Schecter are getting better and better at making very aesthetically pleasing guitars as of late.

Agree. They just need to drop the Hellraisers and make double the amount of ATX models in their place :D

That C-7 is beautiful. I'm not a Schecter fan (sounds stupid but I can't get over the A7X and Papa Roach connotations) but I REALLY want an ATX Solo-6. I've played one and struggled to put it down. Wonderful.

Also, that inlay is awesome.