NGD: Schecter USA Sunset Hybrid Custom Shop

• Thread starter pepe_le_piou
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mogar

Reaction score
There is only ONE thing I'd change about this guitar...... Ownership from you to me :D. Stunning bro

yan12

Reaction score
There is no question in my mind I that schecter USA guitars are as good as you can buy. It's actually hard to believe that the masterworks guitars are step above.

And be careful, it won't be your last. I'm getting ready to get my fourth very soon.

Zado

Reaction score
There is no question in my mind I that schecter USA guitars are as good as you can buy. It's actually hard to believe that the masterworks guitars are step above.

And be careful, it won't be your last. I'm getting ready to get my fourth very soon.
Damn guys post them!!! This forum need more Usa Schecs!

yan12

Reaction score
Zado,
you should have seen them already...I own the sunset swirl 24-6, a california custom elite that looks like the Lynch esp in the REH video, and a sunset 7-ii that I just put apocalypse pickups in. The apocalypse pickup series has become my go to set now. My CCE has a super rock and two monster tones which split incredibly and I will leave that one alone, but after a year with the sunset swirl and the apocalypse pickups, I am putting apocalypse in almost all my guitars.

Organic like BKP but with more body. They clean up really well and are very sensitive to picking dynamics which is the school of playing I am from.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Saw this on IG and it still blows my mind. It’s so beautiful that I’m not going to even suggest it needs a maple board. Tis a thing of wonder. Congrats.

Zado

Reaction score
Zado,
you should have seen them already...I own the sunset swirl 24-6, a california custom elite that looks like the Lynch esp in the REH video, and a sunset 7-ii that I just put apocalypse pickups in. The apocalypse pickup series has become my go to set now. My CCE has a super rock and two monster tones which split incredibly and I will leave that one alone, but after a year with the sunset swirl and the apocalypse pickups, I am putting apocalypse in almost all my guitars.

Organic like BKP but with more body. They clean up really well and are very sensitive to picking dynamics which is the school of playing I am from.
Oh wait you mean these
https://www.instagram.com/p/BihClmnFCTj/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1b2u6yymmtwbx

Yeah, definitey remember now! Glad you like their pickups, if find them amazing too! Craving for a Pasadena classic to put on my Traditional!

yan12

Reaction score
That's me. Pasadena classics are awesome too. I only switched out the Supercharger Mach 7's because they are just too clean for me. The barium in there is not a warm as the Alnico 5/ceramic of the Apocalypse series...but in general, Schecter custom shop pickups are vastly underrated IMHO.

Zado

Reaction score
That's me. Pasadena classics are awesome too. I only switched out the Supercharger Mach 7's because they are just too clean for me. The barium in there is not a warm as the Alnico 5/ceramic of the Apocalypse series...but in general, Schecter custom shop pickups are vastly underrated IMHO.
Absolutely agree. I never played Superchargers, but a friend of mine has a CET loaded with Monstertone single and a Superrock humbucker. The MTs are more like tapped single coil sized humbuckers with a fat single coil sound, and they sound terrific. The Superrock's just unique, extremely articulate, open, airy yet with a big bottom.
Schecter true single coils are spectacular as well, vintage in a very personal way, not trying to 100% replicate the Fender sound like pretty much every S-style builder does.

At the moment I'm just a lil undecided. I'm waiting for my JB to have a magnet swap, from A5 to A3, and to see if I'll be liking it more or have to buy something else, and if a new pickup will be needed, there are some nice options indeed...the Pasadena, the SSH from Suhr, Motorcity 2ndDBB, Duncan 78 and some others. But I'm more oriented with the Pasadena, as Motorcity Pickups are impossible to be found here, Duncan CS is pricey and I've never been to fond of Suhr pickups. I just need more demos of the Pasa, which are imposssssible to be found

pepe_le_piou

Reaction score
Well after playing with her for a while...she is truly a great guitar! On par with my Suhr but leaves the J Custom in the dust. Let's see how she compares to my new mayones

rikomaru

Reaction score
Jovial jesuit's jowls!!!! Somehow this simultaneously made AND ruine my day.