Reaction score
The acronym monstrosity ltd sct-607B.

zqpjNNT.jpg

3bHJSLt.jpg

CQ6g4gd.jpg

AgLHCc9.jpg

g0Go3Pu.jpg

GbN0PZ9.jpg

I can't say much about factory setup since it was setup by the shop I bought it from. Neck feels really nice, very nearly as comfortable as my Ran.
EMGs sound surprisingly good through the Kemper, I've never been a real fan before. I'll have to see if I'll swap the middle pickup for
a 60-7X for some mellower tones.

Finish is absolutely perfect on the guitar. The middle pickup doesn't get in the way too much. Annoyingly I managed to make some scratches on the paint already. :mad:
Ah well, it'll get beat up eventually anyway.

One minor gripe, the strap buttons are tightened like they'd been superglued on, I've not been able to swap my strap lock buttons on it yet.

Mini review:

Specs

27" scale, ebony fretboard, maple neck, alder wings, neck through. Neck width 48mm at nut.
Extra Jumbo frets. Locking tuners. EMG 81-7 pickups. Pearloid binding on body and neck. Pearloid pickguard.

Sound

For a maple neckthrough the sound is surprisingly dark and thick. Compared to my all mahogany Ran w/ Blackouts, the SCT has more
low end grunt and sounds about the same in terms of brightness. Huge amounts of sustain. The guitar is very resonant, in fact so much,
that it's difficult to mute the strings completely. :eek:

Finish/build quality

Came perfect from the factory. The guitar was setup by the shop I bought it from so I can't comment on factory setup. No sharp fret ends.
Binding is done perfectly. Only minor minus was that the pickguard had some plastic ends that weren't filed away but I could just wipe those off
with a finger.

The guitar is quite heavy, not too heavy though. It's also slightly neck heavy.

Value overall

I'd say the guitar is well worth the asking price. It is the highest quality Korean made guitar I've come across. (vs. Schecter C7 and C8 models).

Also, the ESP version costs $8k and there were only 4 made, so it's not like there's a higher quality alternative in existence (unless you go custom).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse

Reaction score
I have a friend in the UK that would LOVE to own this guitar! It's just so slick. :hbang:

Wrecklyss

Custom Speaker Cabinet Builder
Reaction score
Very sharp looking guitar. Makes me wonder why tele bodied 7 strings aren't very common (hint: Carvin, Schecter, Tom Anderson, Charvel). Congrats and enjoy!

celticelk

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah, I'd be all over a 7-string Carvin Tele. Or even better, a Holdsworth.

OP: HNGD! I've been sorely tempted to get one of these myself. Maybe sometime soon....

jeleopard

Reaction score
I am now just realizing that "ESP" "LTD" "SCT" and "607B" all rhyme.

Whoa.

HNGD dude. You just blew my mind.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Beautiful:agreed: HNGD! This is in the top three of my GAS list.

cronux

Reaction score
don't like the tele shape, never did BUT that capenter model is kinda nice...anywhoo, HNGD and btw - that Ran is looking awesome!