Model: Swan 8 FF 27-25.5"
Frets: 24 - stainless
Neck: 5 pieces - bubinga, ebony, rosewood
Body: Ash
Top: Mexican Cocobolo
PU: Bare Knuckle Pickups calibrated set of slanted Warpigs
Ivoroid binding on fretboard and head
Killswitch, push-pull vol. knob, 3-way switch
There is also a wood layer between top and body, not sure what is it :)

Comments:
Extraordinary guitar. I got it after approx 12 weeks after the initial deposit (actually the waiting time they estimated was 8 weeks). The Skervesen guys were very helpful and friendly throughout all the building stages and they provided useful suggestions. When I received the guitar the Killswitch was not working as needed and they sent me 7 (seven) other Killswitch buttons to pick the one I liked the more :yesway:
I own some high end guitars (Vik, KxK, Boden8) and played several others and I have to say that the quality of this axe is comparable to the best ones. Neck is super fast and confortable and the overall playing experience is perfect, probably second only to the KxK. The Warpigs are huge. Probably I'd advice against them if you play moderate/melodic metal stuffs but they perfectly fit my necessities.
The build quality is very high. I would have preferred an oil finish but it was not an available option so we opted for wax. The sole regret I have is the look of the ivory binding where the head meets the fretboard (see pic).

VID: Warning! Br0000tal nasty sounds inside, do not expect modern djenty tones ;)
Skervesen Swan 8 test. Acheode - Unceasing - YouTube

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
Awesome- one of the most beautiful yet. How do you like the balance of that body shape? It looks like it would balance well, especially once you move to an 8 string.

Huge fan of that guitar. But then I'm a sucker for ebony or cocobolo tops with sapwood!!

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Very nice. But I still love that Vik. Congrats.

fabeau

Reaction score
Awesome- one of the most beautiful yet. How do you like the balance of that body shape? It looks like it would balance well, especially once you move to an 8 string.

Huge fan of that guitar. But then I'm a sucker for ebony or cocobolo tops with sapwood!!

Thanks angus. Despite the guitar is pretty heavy and the headstock is huge it is indeed perfectly balanced and very ergonomic.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
Fucking seriously? That thing is amazing! That top is ridiculous. Skervesen is putting out some serious stuff, that thing is a work of art!:hbang:

congrats on a stunner of a guitar. :yesway:

veshly

Reaction score
Holy shit.

That top reminds me of the swirly patterns on Jupiter.

rifft

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Congratulations! Makes me more excited for my raptor; I just got an email saying it should be finished this week :D