NGD: Squier Sonic Tele

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1719938820193.png

So far this is the only pic I have, might take more later!

Anywho, I was in the market for a cheapish Tele, but I wanted one with individual saddles for the strings. Well, I picked this one up and I'll be damned if it didn't play good and feel good, and even sound pretty decent off the rack. I'm guessing they'd already done a set-up on it, everything is intonated just fine, the action is good, not too much or too little bow in the neck. Picked this up, and took it home and ran it through my Rockerverb and... the only thing I'm changing on this guitar are the strings. Everything is good (to me). This and my Rockerverb balance each other out BEAUTIFULLY. Funnily enough, I expected the single coil bridge to hum a lot more than it did and... I'm not really getting a whole lot honestly. Hummed a lot through the EVH Iconic I played it through at the store (just to see how it handled high gain) but not so much through my Rockerverb. Oh well! It also seems to hold tune pretty decently, I haven't had to do a lot of retuning since I've had it and I've played a few hours on it. :) I love this thing, I'm keeping it.

P.S. This thing handles hard rock and some metal quite well, actually, I was surprised. :) There's a somewhat metallic response with high gain with the pick attack that just makes it perfect, yet because it and the Rockerverb are balancing each other well, there's a LOT of clarity there.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Happy NGD, dude! There's always room for another Tele haha :cheers:

Squier's been making some good stuff recently - great mod platforms if that's your thing, but solid guitars all the same. I picked up a Baritone Tele recently, and it's crazy what you get for the money these days.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Happy NGD, dude! There's always room for another Tele haha :cheers:

Squier's been making some good stuff recently - great mod platforms if that's your thing, but solid guitars all the same. I picked up a Baritone Tele recently, and it's crazy what you get for the money these days.
Ooh, which one?!

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Paranormal Carbonita Baritone Tele. Went with the Seafoam Green one. It's a great guitar - funny enough, came with better fretwork than my $1,300 Ibanez :lol:
Oh I've been jonesing after that one! What tuning is yours in and how well do the stock pickups handle the lower register?

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Oh I've been jonesing after that one! What tuning is yours in and how well do the stock pickups handle the lower register?
It's a great guitar. I generally keep it in F or F# Standard using the Ernie Ball Baritone string set - the light purple one - I think it's 13-72 or 74. The pickups aren't bad - I actually prefer P90s for low tunings, even for the prog metal stuff I do generally. I tend to keep them both active so the pickup switch is in the middle. It kills the noise (and they're noisy otherwise), and give it a really nice, punchy tone.

I might swap them for some noiseless P90s eventually - I wasn't sure at first - but after a while with them, I don't dislike them near enough to consider it a necessity.