NGD: Sunglasses required

• Thread starter NoodleFace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Posted about this earlier in the week but it just showed up today.

First of all - this is the first guitar I have EVER received brand new in the last 25 years that required absolutely zero setup. I'm talking someone fully set this up to the point of turning a wrench makes it buzz. Someone did a fine job setting this up. I am blown away.

Action is right at 1.5mm. I know if I fudsed I could get down to 1.0mm, but it feels really good where it's at. I'm used to a higher action anyways on my 7 strings so it feels great.

Frets are in good shape. Definitely doesn't have the prestige treatment and you can tell. Frets aren't rough, but they aren't perfect like a prestige. No dead spots, no fretting out, no buzz.

Pickups are meh. About what I expected. The bridge pickup is better than I remember but definitely very bland. The neck pickup is atrocious to me, just does nothing for me. These will be changed.

Bridge. It's an edge. It's the best Floyd ever made along with it's lo-pro counterpart.

Finish. Holy fuck balls. I can go be a flagger in a construction zone with this.

I owned an original rg550 and this is so close to that (with the exception of obviously being a 565) that it's hard to tell a difference. The only real difference is the neck. If youve played the one piece you'll tell the difference, but not in a bad way. More like an alternately good way.

And it wouldn't be a classic Ibanez without coming brand new with neck pocket finish cracks! I couldn't help but laugh. Gonna try to squeeze out a slight refund. If I don't get it oh well, still a great guitar.

9/10

20220603_190123.jpg20220603_213355.jpg20220603_193748.jpg20220603_193757.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
The Ibby is absolutely killer, dude. Congrats!

That Kiesel is an absolute show stealer though. Fuck.
The kiesel might be my favorite guitar I've ever owned. It's on another level from every other guitar. Although I definitely prefer the edges over OFR 7

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You had me at H-S pup configuration. (Or at least, route size.)

The colors on these are awesome, too. The guitars aren't over the top, spec wise, but the colors are so loud that they aren't wall flowers, either. Now I wanna get one of these orange ibbys!

Protestheriphery

Reaction score
At first glance, it looked like the second pic was a third guitar on the floor in front of two others, "Wait, OP bought a second orange Ibanez? " Took me a while to realize they're separate images *OOPS!*

Back on topic: That 565 is super clean. I've heard the Genesis line are pretty much the sleeper Prestige, aside from being reissues. I'm always in favor of RG's sans pickguards and bindings. HNGD.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
I know we’re here to talk about the Ibanez but that’s one of the best looking Kiesel’s I’ve ever seen.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
I believe I traded @Cancer for it on reverb.

It's a pretty simple guitar but it checks every box. Mahogany body, 5 piece walnut neck, original Floyd (no longer an option), ebony fretboard

77zark77

Reaction score
Stunning color ! Congrats ! and if there's no neck pocket crack it's not a real Ibby :lol:

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Stunning color ! Congrats ! and if there's no neck pocket crack it's not a real Ibby :lol:
Yeah I actually laughed out loud when they came new from the box like that. Ah well. Still gonna see if the company will give a small refund, but it's whatever

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Bleh. Took strings off to replace the pickups and noticed two massive clearcoat cracks. Tough to photograph but it goes from the center of both pickups then there's another from the top left screw of the bridge pickup.

I didn't notice them before, so I have a feeling they just happened due to temp/humidity changes. I'm not sure, but since I bought it new I'll grab a refund. Still want to pick up one of these, so hopefully the replacement is good. Otherwise 550 it is...

20220609_212742.jpg

20220609_212105.jpg

Metal-Box

Proud Gear Curator
Reaction score
Where did you happen to buy this new? It’s been discontinued for a bit.

Matt08642

Reaction score
Bleh. Took strings off to replace the pickups and noticed two massive clearcoat cracks. Tough to photograph but it goes from the center of both pickups then there's another from the top left screw of the bridge pickup.

I didn't notice them before, so I have a feeling they just happened due to temp/humidity changes. I'm not sure, but since I bought it new I'll grab a refund. Still want to pick up one of these, so hopefully the replacement is good. Otherwise 550 it is...

View attachment 108966

View attachment 108968

Damn, this really sucks dude.