NGD Vader 7 (Opt 50 Neck)

• Thread starter Yimmj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yimmj

Metalhead
Reaction score
This is my magnificent Vader 7!

Specs
Walnut Body
5 pc Walnut/mahogany/flamed maple neck
Med Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
Birdseye Maple neck
27" scale neck

Review:
I placed my order March 3rd and received my guitar the 27th of June, totaling about 16 weeks. This was due to the fact that the first neck that they built for me had warped and they were forced to start over, I was bummed out but I knew that when I received my Vader it would be worth it. My initial impressions was that the Vader body shape is ridiculously light, well balanced and comfortable in any position with nice low action across the fretboard with minimal buzz. The walnut gives my vader a lovely snarl that i have been really enjoying. The 27" scale took me a few hours to get used to, but now my short scale guitars just feel tiny in comparison. This is my first extended scale guitar. I have pretty big hands and still some stretches around the 1st through 5th fret are relatively difficult, but my hands have feel very comfortable around the rest of the neck

Note: I put off this NGD until i had time to take some pictures with a nice camera. enjoy :hbang:

Attachments

• P6309134.jpg
    P6309134.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0559.jpg
    IMG_0559.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 274
  • P6309147.jpg
    P6309147.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 165

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

boogie2

Reaction score
Very nice,

I love the neck/body choices you made. It turned out great! Happy NGD!

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
That looks awesome! how much did that particular option 50 run you if I may ask? I threw around the idea of doing a 5 piece walnut flamed maple neck and if I remember correctly carvin said it would have been like 500 bucks-ish

Yimmj

Metalhead
Reaction score
That looks awesome! how much did that particular option 50 run you if I may ask? I threw around the idea of doing a 5 piece walnut flamed maple neck and if I remember correctly carvin said it would have been like 500 bucks-ish

Its all depending on the neck woods that you select, i paid 400 for the custom 5 pc neck. If you're curious feel free to call or email Carvin to see what they will do for you

morbidus

Reaction score
Love the walnut/maple combination. It just looks classy and warm. Really nice guitar.

How's the string tension with the 27" scale? I go back and forth between wanting 25.5" (like my other guitars) or trying the 27". Does your right hand sit further back near the bridge when playing? I find most guitars it feel like my right arm is a little too far forward and thought the longer scale may alleviate that but I can't find one to try out.

Yimmj

Metalhead
Reaction score
Love the walnut/maple combination. It just looks classy and warm. Really nice guitar.

How's the string tension with the 27" scale? I go back and forth between wanting 25.5" (like my other guitars) or trying the 27". Does your right hand sit further back near the bridge when playing? I find most guitars it feel like my right arm is a little too far forward and thought the longer scale may alleviate that but I can't find one to try out.

Thank you!

The string tension on B standard is pretty tight with .10-52s. I swapped the strings for .11-56s and tune a whole step down, the tension feels great. and i do
my right hand does sit a little further back, which is comfortable to me.