NGY! NPY! Oops...Ibanez Collection

SickEddy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I said a while ago I would post a NGD and I never got round to doing it, so here is my NGY post. At the beginning of the year I had two guitars and about three pedals. This year I have gone a bit...spendy. So here is my new family of Ibanezs with any mods I have done to them:

Ibanez K7 BG

This one I have had since new
It is my favorite thing in the world, including the fingers I play it with and the eyes I gorp at it with
All stock other than a 5 way DiMarzio Super Switch for Parallel in positions 2 and 4

Ibanez RG1077XL RB

At the moment the only mod is a Blaze in the bridge position and some uprated springs in the back as the tension of the strings on this is high. I did plan on downtuning this one but I like the tension as it is so at the moment its the same as all of my others (Drop A)

Ibanez RG2027X VV

This has been upgraded with DiMarzio PAF pickups which I love but I have them in the K7 which is also Mahogany so this will change but I haven't decided what to put in there yet. Maybe an Evo bridge and keep the PAF neck. I may swap the pickups from my blue RG1527 in for a while, haven't heard anything good about the 7 string ToneZone and Mahogany combo but I actually prefer PAFs in basswood. Unfortunately this guitar has had EMGs in its past so has been cut away. It is a tidy job, I just don't plan on putting EMGs back in. May have a look at some Lace pickups
Over the next week it will also have the KJG mod for the Magnetic and Piezo blending

Ibanez RG1527 PB

My 'Idiot' guitar
DiMarzio D Activators in neck and bridge
3 way DiMarzio switch
DiMarzio 4PDT for switching between serial, parallel and split coils on both pickups
Shadow Killswitch

Ibanez RG1527 RB

DiMarzio ToneZone in the bridge position
DiMarzio AirNorton in the neck position
DiMarzio Super Switch but wired as Standard
Tremel-No

Ibanez RG8 WH

I bought this quite cheap and for the price I was very impressed with the neck and loved the 27inch scale. I'm just not really a fan of the 8th string, strings that are thick enough to not flop around sound flat and don't fit through the tuners. So this guitar led me to buy the RG1077XL which I always wanted and after this I needed. The pickups are surprisingly good which is rare for Ibanez (and useful as I didn't plan on upgrading this guitar and now don't need to)

I have also bought a few pedals recently too, some I love some I am not too keen on but one of them I think needs a quick mention:
Behringer Vintage Tube Monster VT999 - If you don't have one of these please try one. They are amazing pedals for how cheap they are. Even the stock tube is not too bad but with a swap it sound brilliant, a lot better than most pedals 10x its price

I hope this post hasn't been too long and boring and I would love to hear what you think of my collection. And if anyone has had experience with Lace pickups in Mahogany guitars please let me know what you though.
Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SickEddy

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I had to sacrifice a bit to get these but it was worth it, mainly food...

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
First 3 guitars are one of my personal most favourite Ibanez 7s.
Great collection

SickEddy

Reaction score
Cheers! Still a few more on my want list, mainly a white Universe. After getting the XL and the 2027 in the last month that will have to wait a while. I'm hungry...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Impressive haul and impressive collection you have there. :eek: Very nice!

SickEddy

Reaction score
I do love the 2027. I haven't put it down since buying it, not even stopped to put new strings on or set it up. The piezos are amazing, that's the next upgrade on the 'Idiot' guitar once I've filled the fridge