NHL 2010-2011 Thread

Hollowman

Reaction score
You Bruins detractors apparently have not been watching them all year long.
When they decide to dig in and hustle they are tough to beat.
kind of like the old Jacques Lemaire Devils.
kind of boring but effective.

Please don't compare the Devils and Bruins.

And your right about Chara being not your typical European player however, he shouldn't even be playing right now if the NHL wasn't so wishy washy on how they interpret things, much like Krechji (sp? don't really care..) cross checked Hamhuis in the back of the head the NHL stated any hits to the head not being tolerated so, how is he still not suspended?

As for cities every city has Good and Bad. I just hate Boston's teams except for The Pats....as for the city itself, I really don't have any plans to ever go there so I couldn't make a judgement but, for the people I've met from there the term Masshole works just fine .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowman

Reaction score
Some good news for the Pens, they resigned Craig Adams to a two year deal. He's one of the key components on the PK, so I'm relieved to see he'll be here for a while longer.

I'm a little lat on Billy Guerin joining the Pens as a Player Development Coach, I've always liked Billy Guerin since he Played for the Devils so, Good for him they are a good oraginization to be part of. The Pens should be loaded next year with Crosby,Malkin coming back to the addition of Neal and Kovalev and if Jagr comes back into the fold which seem's very likely you should NEVER be shut-out :lol:. Unfortunatily, I feel that the next step for the Devils the obvious :lol: trying to find a new Coach and the rebuild process at Goaltender.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a little lat on Billy Guerin joining the Pens as a Player Development Coach, I've always liked Billy Guerin since he Played for the Devils so, Good for him they are a good oraginization to be part of. The Pens should be loaded next year with Crosby,Malkin coming back to the addition of Neal and Kovalev and if Jagr comes back into the fold which seem's very likely you should NEVER be shut-out :lol:. Unfortunatily, I feel that the next step for the Devils the obvious :lol: trying to find a new Coach and the rebuild process at Goaltender.

Well, there is no way they're going to resign Kovalev, he's an unrestricted free agent and judging by the way the first round of the playoffs went and his performance I'd say he's gone (that and he was making $5 million and they don't have room for that cap hit). I think the biggest proof Kovy is done in Pittsburgh was the final 6 on 5 with the goalie pulled in a 1-0 game 7 and Kovy hadn't been out for a shift before that and was kept on the bench.

The Jagr bit isn't going to happen either IMHO. The Pen's GM Shero even said they hadn't considered signing him since he left NY. That whole thing was Jagr and his agent talking to try to get him more money from his KHL team for next year :2c:

I'll be curious to see what happens for next year. The Pens have a LOT of unrestricted free agents so watching to see who stays and who goes should be interesting.

As for Jersey, yeah I think you called it. They need a coach and a new goalie :2c:

Hollowman

Reaction score
The refs suck...

with 2 refs how can you miss a stick holding call on Kelly or Lucic's trip? WTF

Looks like the calls are gonna go with Boston tonight.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, the officiating has just been garbage so far. Canucks can't sneeze without getting a penalty, while Boston is getting away with crosschecks, stick holding, tripping... practically everything. Makes me wanna go zebra hunting with a very large caliber gun.

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
As for Jersey, yeah I think you called it. They need a coach and a new goalie :2c:

I really hope Brodeur calls it quits if this next season is anything like last. Gotta retire while everyone remembers the legend you are, instead of the burn-out you're appearing to be.

Missed the game tonight. Always close unless the 'nucks are blown out completely.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
good game tonight, quite the nail biter.
strange how all 3 games in Vacnouver have been tight checking 1 goal games.
Not so much in Boston :lol:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, while I wish tonight's results were different, it's pretty much what I expected. There's something about that building that the Canucks just can't get through. Probably the bad ice combined with home team advantage. The Canucks transition game really depends on speed and the ability to predict puck movement, neither of which they can get there.

Well, that and Tim Thomas. And of course, half of their best players are injured, playing or not.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
It wasn't even very warm here in Boston toaday.
I don't think the condition of the ice was as much of a factor
as the losing teams fans are trying to make it out to be.
The B's looked like they were skating just fine tonight. :lol:
On another note, every time I've seen Cory Schneider play this year he's looked fantastic. That long term contract they gave lumpy was probably not the smartest choice Vancouver management has made recently.:nono:
Allains post game interview ws pretty funny.

Demiurge

Reaction score
All of the games in Boston:

It's like two different sets of teams playing in each city. And now, still no idea what game 7 is going to be like.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is that I'm REALLY disappointed in seeing two players out with serious injuries from questionable hits with only one two minute penalty and no disciplinary review.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is that I'm REALLY disappointed in seeing two players out with serious injuries from questionable hits with no penalties or disciplinary review.

Obviously Mayray is one of them, but who's the other one? As far as Dan Hamhuis goes, he was injured on his initial hipcheck of Lucic, not on the subsequent crosscheck from (I think) Krejci. Lucic didn't do anything wrong. :scratch:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously Mayray is one of them, but who's the other one? As far as Dan Hamhuis goes, he was injured on his initial hipcheck of Lucic, not on the subsequent crosscheck from (I think) Krejci. Lucic didn't do anything wrong. :scratch:

He was cross-checked in the back of the head while he was down on his knees... if that's not a deliberate attempt to injure worthy of at least a short suspension I don't know what is :2c:

Also to the best of my knowledge they never released what the injury was.