NHL 2012-2013: The Lockout and Beyond

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
This whole thing has killed my hockey boner :(. I might take in some CHL this year. I grew up in Oshawa, but have never seen the Generals play :lol:.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I'll be following Magnitogorsk until my boys can come back home. :(

Good thing I didn't put any money towards this year's Winter Classic like me and some friends had been planning to.

potatohead

Reaction score
This whole thing has killed my hockey boner :(. .

This. I'm just so pissed and annoyed I don't care anymore. If they lose another season after what happened seven years ago they deserve to lose a bunch of fans.

NFL for me this fall.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Speaking as a Leafs fan, I choose to view this as the NHL saving me from myself. Thank you NHL for sparing me the agony of watching the Leafs, now I can switch to fantasy mode and make believe they're on their way to the cup.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While I am far less than thrilled by the lockout I figure this gives the Pens D prospects time to mature in the minors. If they end up canceling the whole season then some of those guys will probably be ready for the NHL next year :lol:

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Speaking as a Leafs fan, I choose to view this as the NHL saving me from myself. Thank you NHL for sparing me the agony of watching the Leafs, now I can switch to fantasy mode and make believe they're on their way to the cup.

Also a leafs fan. Luckily, I'm also an Argos and Raptors fan. I don't know what I'd do if all i watched was NHL hockey (like many people i know...)

troyguitar

Reaction score
NHL hockey is the only sport I watch besides the occasional F1 race. This frees up a lot of time for me to actually play guitar :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
My dad and I are both extremely irritated at the lock out. We need our Bruins fix! Hopefully they get this shit figured out this weekend. I heard on NHL Home Ice (Sirius XM) that they have something like 2 weeks to figure this out before they have to cancel the season, or at least cut off some of the 82 (i think) games of the season.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I read they'll be canceling it a month at a time. So far only the preseason games have been canceled and they've got two weeks before they would need to start canceling regular season games. I believe they said they would cancel one month at a time.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Also a leafs fan. Luckily, I'm also an Argos and Raptors fan. I don't know what I'd do if all i watched was NHL hockey (like many people i know...)
To be fair, I'm also a Jays fan. Get to watch a losing team year round :)

Tyson

Reaction score
I laughed at the League's admission that they're screwing their fanbase. They made it sound as if they were powerless to do anything about it.

I also laughed at Sportcenter's rebroadcasting of Canadian World Junior championship wins. Makes it seem like we're trying to pat ourselves on the back when they're showing wins 7 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.