NHL 2015-2016: Expansion! 3 on 3 OT! Coaches Challenge!

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think the Kessel trade was good for both teams.

Kessel is obviously a skilled player but wasn't working with the Leafs. I can imagine him doing well as a 2nd or 3rd liner on the Penguins.

And getting rid of him for any picks was a good move. I am glad to see the Leafs finally start to address rebuilding seriously.

The guy is one of the best goal scorers in the league and you see him as a potential 3rd liner :scratch: I will almost guarantee he will be on the top line with Crosby at least initially.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
11666178_891297110955045_1578754573267306900_n.jpg

First open public practice for McDavid this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
The guy is one of the best goal scorers in the league and you see him as a potential 3rd liner :scratch: I will almost guarantee he will be on the top line with Crosby at least initially.

Or 2nd. If they can fix him up, he could gel on the first line, but the way he was playing on the Leafs there he would have no business being anywhere near the Penguin's first line.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or 2nd. If they can fix him up, he could gel on the first line, but the way he was playing on the Leafs there he would have no business being anywhere near the Penguin's first line.

Let me introduce you to somebody named Perron... :lol:

That said I'm curious to see how he does. It seemed like regardless of what he did in Toronto he was crucified by the press... Hell the guy is 6' 202lbs hasn't missed a game in five years and is one of the fastest skaters in the league and people are bitching about him being fat and out of shape on Facebook :facepalm:

Pav

???
Reaction score
David Perron is going to be lethal this coming season. Give him a full training camp with the Pens and I think he'll find his footing. James Neal did even less than him before scoring 40 goals.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Let me introduce you to somebody named Perron... :lol:

That said I'm curious to see how he does. It seemed like regardless of what he did in Toronto he was crucified by the press... Hell the guy is 6' 202lbs hasn't missed a game in five years and is one of the fastest skaters in the league and people are bitching about him being fat and out of shape on Facebook :facepalm:

Leaf fans always talk about how loyal they are, but we certainly seem to bitch about literally everything everyone involved with our team does. Whether they deserve it or not.

Kessel was the leader goal scorer at the Olympics for ....'s sake. It wasn't him that was letting the Leafs down. The complete lack of support, defense and mediocre goaltending might have had just a little to do with it.

Pav

???
Reaction score
^ That kid is going to be something else to watch. He's like a young Scott Gomez.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Dallas looks to be a serious contender next season. If they were to secure just one more top-pairing defenseman, I could see them going deep into the playoffs. But as it stands I can't see Alex Goligoski quarterbacking them to greatness.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
I think Dallas is still 2 good defenceman away from even making the playoffs, IMO. Their back end killed them last season.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dallas should be interesting... but the real question is can the Oilers still manage to suck with a new GM, coach, and the 4th #1 pick in 6 years who is supposed to be the best player drafted since etc etc :lol:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend like I have ever been an Edmonton fan, but even I am excited for them this coming season.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty pissed myself. There were 8 groups total wanting to put a team into the league (3 Seattle, Las Vegas, Toronto, Quebec, Houston, Portland), and half of them were within a couple hour drive of me, and a grand total of zero of them even put in the application.