NHL 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Congratulations on the win Habs :woot:
1d132d00-de09-11eb-bbe3-5b47ce9278cb

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well that’s a wrap, really didn’t see this season going any other way. $18 million over the cap or not, TB is a good team with a great goalie. A shut out in every series clinching game. He was the only dude to do it 3 times, then made it 4 for shits n gigs. Interesting to see how that cap space is handled and what they look like next season though, still good I’m sure, but how many guys are gone. Also, Maroon not exactly a critical piece, but damn a cup for 3 straight years on 2 different teams is still pretty cool.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I seem to remember hearing talk that Stamkos could very well not be returning, not sure what the reasoning was, but that is a good chunk of cap they wouldn't have to worry about anymore.

I thought we found our footing and could have pushed the series to the limit. We quieted their big names, but Vasilevskiy was the better goal tender and Tampa's depth proved to be the difference.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember hearing talk that Stamkos could very well not be returning, not sure what the reasoning was, but that is a good chunk of cap they wouldn't have to worry about anymore.

I thought we found our footing and could have pushed the series to the limit. We quieted their big names, but Vasilevskiy was the better goal tender and Tampa's depth proved to be the difference.
That would be interesting if Stamkos didn’t return, but he has been pretty beat up over his career. Point was held in check pretty well over the series, but yeah then you have the rest that are still good.