NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
366222742_679335610897334_4251502194978413507_n.jpg

AdamMaz

Reaction score
He will be moved before the start of next season, Hughes was apparently shopping him even before the reacquisition.

All our players are resigned, so I wouldn't expect much more activity from us. Only other major point of interest for me this offseason is how the NHL will finally react to the WJC scandal. Curious to find out who the 5 players in question are and what the consequences will be.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I can't even think of any decent free agent centers... I assume you'll need to trade at least one of your goalies to find one, otherwise that center line is looking real thin all of a sudden.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be surprised to see us move away from Ulmark/Swayman as that rotation last year worked well and kept them both fresh for as long as we went into post-season. Looking at the pool, wouldn't surprise me if they did a one year on a vet between Toews/Stepan with two of our long timers leaving; kicks the can down the road a hair, as I'm sure we'll give up more than we'd like to pick/depth wise for a second C.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Proof of God may in fact exist as @AdamMaz's prayers are answered with the Habs moving Petry off to ...DETROIT! Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those in trade who are affected by this tragedy.

And in Boston news, we apparently signed a Center named John Farinacci to a rookie deal, who is he? Fuck if I know!

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Proof of God may in fact exist as @AdamMaz's prayers are answered with the Habs moving Petry off to ...DETROIT! Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those in trade who are affected by this tragedy.

And in Boston news, we apparently signed a Center named John Farinacci to a rookie deal, who is he? Fuck if I know!

We apparently don't pray to the same god!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait for Montreal's newest weapon to get some meat on him so we can all start calling him Mailbox Mailloux; shoutout to Philly too with the signing of a grown man who's last name is legitimately BONK!

What a time for sports fans

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Damn 4 years $13.25mil AAV :eek:
:nuts:

Can't wait for Montreal's newest weapon to get some meat on him so we can all start calling him Mailbox Mailloux;
I don't know about the nickname, but another significant prospect amongst our loaded pool of rookie defenceman. I wouldn't be surprised if in about 5 years that the quality of our D corps will ressemble that of Nashville a few years back. No way we will be able to keep/pay everyone.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about the nickname, but another significant prospect amongst our loaded pool of rookie defenceman. I wouldn't be surprised if in about 5 years that the quality of our D corps will ressemble that of Nashville a few years back. No way we will be able to keep/pay everyone.

Anything besides going back to this plz

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Unless you watched the whole rookie game today and caught something I didn't from my glimpses, I think you can rest assured 👀

Love to hear it.

I spent all day at a paintball field helping some rookies of our own tryout so they could go down to the World Cup in a couple months, so I unfortunately did not see the game.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
For what its worth, Boston started well, looked very coordinated defensively and created some opportunities. After a very disjointed/uncoordinated outing yesterday against Buffalo and a slow start today, we finally got ourselves together and appeared to have carried the play for most of the remainder.

Looks like Bedard scored a hat trick in his first game 😮

Last edited: