Nile- Defiling the Gates of Ishtar cover (KxK Warrior 7)

• Thread starter RuiNs777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Great cover, great guitar, great band.

If anyone ever wants to see the Ishtar gate, there is a stunning recreation in the Pergamom museum in Berlin. To think that such a thing existed in the ancient world, to have seen it in person 2600-odd years ago must have been incredible.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
First, awesome job. Excellent playing.

Second? The majority of this, it looks like the waveform in the DAW is streaming right off the headstock, which is just awesome looking, whether it was intentional or not.

RuiNs777

Reaction score
First, awesome job. Excellent playing.

Second? The majority of this, it looks like the waveform in the DAW is streaming right off the headstock, which is just awesome looking, whether it was intentional or not.
Thanks bro. Pure coincidence about the waveform haha. I was trying to stay still so the umbrella light wouldn't shine directly on the gloss top

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Man, 16 year old me would flip over this. I'm at work so will have to watch this later. Haven't listened to Nile in a long time but Annihilation of the Wicked is one of the best death metal albums of all time.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
That guitar is so sick (and excellent cover as well)

I am also covering Nile songs lately (Lashed to the Slave Stick at the moment. It's an easy song from a left hand perspective but the right hand is really testing my endurance), so I'm curious, what gauge are you using for that low A? Karl uses a friggin .70, seems like overkill to me. But I'm definitely way to light with my .56. So I'm just curious what you've got goin. And also that guitar's scale length.

CerealKiller

Reaction score
I went from .56 to a .70, and it feels great for that low A on a regular 25.5" scale.

Trying to learn Cast Down The Heretic at the moment, but it's always a PITA to learn Nile by ear. And a lot of the tabs online are mostly wrong.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I went from .56 to a .70, and it feels great for that low A on a regular 25.5" scale.

Trying to learn Cast Down The Heretic at the moment, but it's always a PITA to learn Nile by ear. And a lot of the tabs online are mostly wrong.
Sounds like an Evan Bradley request. I'd love for some actual sanctioned Nile tab. EDIT: forgot there is a Sheethappens book, but it's only a small handful of their greatness.

Epic cover; everything about this is awesome. KxK V's need to be everywhere now. I'm here for it.