No man's sky

• Thread starter Glosni
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I'll love this when there's a really good sale on it. It sounds really interesting, but not 60 dollar interesting.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
F*cking lol. :rofl: That was pretty great.

I can't help but feel bad for the guy, but at the same time he released an unfinished product that costs way too much and was way too ambitious.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
F*cking lol. :rofl: That was pretty great.

I can't help but feel bad for the guy, but at the same time he released an unfinished product that costs way too much and was way too ambitious.

I have zero sympathy for lying game designers.

I knew something was up when the original release date was pushed back...I didn't realize it was because the game was only in the Alpha phase :lol::lol::lol::ugh:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
After watching a friend play this game... Yeah, I think I'll stick with watching my friends play this game. Again, may consider it if it goes on sale...

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
Fairly glad I didn't buy into the hype on this game. I might pick it up when it goes on sale for $20 or so. It should've been that price from the beginning from what I'm seeing, hearing, and reading.

Repner

Reaction score
Seems Sony, Steam and Amazon have started offering full refunds to people, regardless of play time.

beneharris

Reaction score
Seems Sony, Steam and Amazon have started offering full refunds to people, regardless of play time.

You know its bad when that happens.

I had a bad taste in my mouth from all the videos they did of this, and how ambitious it was. It was either going to be possible, and totally broken, or playable, and stripped down. This feels like Kingdoms of Amalur all over again.

Repner

Reaction score
The thing is I hadn't even kept up to date with a lot of the news leading up to this, so I didn't remember the claims he made. So I wasn't expecting much, other than having something to do. Missions. Battles between different sides. Bounty hunting etc. Stuff you generally seem to get in games like this.

The Spanish interview parody I posted sums the real game up quite well. "What do you do?" "Collect sh*t with your sh*t-collecting gun, then f*** off to the next planet."

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Apologize about the necrobump, but I must ask...
So I've noticed this game is $20 on Amazon Prime. And apparently there's been quite the updates recently. Think this game is worth $20 brand new? I usually game into the wee hours of the morning after the wife and baby have gone to sleep. Seems like it would be a good wind down game.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Apologize about the necrobump, but I must ask...
So I've noticed this game is $20 on Amazon Prime. And apparently there's been quite the updates recently. Think this game is worth $20 brand new? I usually game into the wee hours of the morning after the wife and baby have gone to sleep. Seems like it would be a good wind down game.

For $20? Probably.

I played it quite a bit when it came out. I actually feel like I got plenty of value for the price, even then. I eventually got bored and stopped playing. And I totally understand why a lot of people were seriously pissed off about the game and felt ripped off. But l seriously got a few hundred hours of mostly enjoyable play time out of it before I got bored. I haven't checked out the update yet, but probably will when I have some more free time over the holidays. I'm not a hardcore gamer though. I was happy to have something that wasn't terribly fast-paced or difficult that I could drink a beer and play to relax after work. It gets kind of grindy, which I don't mind terribly, but especially with the original version, you hit a point where you've got all the upgrades and you don't feel like there's much point to it anymore.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
My kids played it and loved it at first, maybe for a week or so, then suddenly hated it. When a game costs $2/day to rent, $20 for a game that you will play a week is maybe a little much, but not ridiculous.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've always found it strange to equate the time spent on a game with it's cost - by that same scale, if you look at going out to a movie as a comparison, where you might spend $30-$50 after tickets and some snacks and junk, for what ultimately ends up being maybe 2 hours of entertainment- $20 for something you'll spend a week or two or more with is easily worth it IMO. Lots of games have been described as "not being worth x amount of money for the time", but I got tons of entertainment out of, regardless of the price. It was worth it to me. Just a thought.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Unlike most, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit when it first came out. I found something very relaxing and satisfying about exploring with no defined goal. I haven't tried the big new update either but for $20 I'd say go for it.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've always found it strange to equate the time spent on a game with it's cost - by that same scale, if you look at going out to a movie as a comparison, where you might spend $30-$50 after tickets and some snacks and junk, for what ultimately ends up being maybe 2 hours of entertainment- $20 for something you'll spend a week or two or more with is easily worth it IMO. Lots of games have been described as "not being worth x amount of money for the time", but I got tons of entertainment out of, regardless of the price. It was worth it to me. Just a thought.

I think it's a pretty good comparison if it's something old, and widely panned.

It's not like you are buying No Man's Sky to play it on a big screen, or some other WOW-factor.

I'm comparing days of playing a game with days of playing a game. Apples to apples. Not going to see a movie in the cinema when it's new versus renting it from Netflix months later. Apples to older smaller apples.

Kanye

Reaction score
god... if only I could keep my kids entertained for a week for $20.