NOGD -Parker Fly Artist

• Thread starter JSanta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you are familiar with this model, but this one is a bit special.

Couple of quick pictures:

And a shot of my solidbody family (my Benedetto stays in its case :))

The Parker Fly Artist was at one point one of the rarer guitars Parker built. This one has a spruce body, and according the Ken Parker, it was the only red one he ever built during his time owning the company (a friend is really good friends with Ken, that's how I found out).

This is my third Parker, and ultimately after about 10 years of buying and selling, the old Parker's just seem to work best for me.

The guitar is really light (4.5 pounds) and plays like an absolute dream. The previous owner bought it new in 1997, and it looked like brand new when I got it a few weeks ago.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
Dude!

I read the title, and I was like "I wonder if that's the rare spruce model?" And sure as heck it is. Man that's so cool. It's probably the only Parker that interested me because it's so different...spruce...

Anyway, congrats man. I'm jealous.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
Yes! Nice.

I have a '97 Artist as well (in the regular butterscotch). Phenomenal guitar.

JSanta

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

Yes! Nice.

I have a '97 Artist as well (in the regular butterscotch). Phenomenal guitar.

I have had a Deluxe and Classic, and the spruce in the Artist has this mice mid-range punch that I am really enjoying. I think I like the natural butterscotch look a bit more, but the red is fun.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
No pics of the back...the best part of a Fly!

I've also never seen one hung like that from a Hercules stand. I'm sure it's perfectly secure, but looking at it makes me nervous!

JSanta

Reaction score
No pics of the back...the best part of a Fly!

I've also never seen one hung like that from a Hercules stand. I'm sure it's perfectly secure, but looking at it makes me nervous!

It's actually very secure that way. I don't have any bullwinkle hangers anymore, but this way I can just grab it and play. I was very active on the Parker forum years ago, and lots of people hang these guitars up that way.

Latest posts