Comments about artists taking drugs

• Rude

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Funny

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Xardoniak

Reaction score
I've noticed on most of Northlanes Lyrical Explanation videos on youtube, people posting stuff along the lines of "No its actually about drugs" and "DMT" and things similar, what do you guys think about it; Funny or Rude?

PS: I went and checked the videos and the comments seem to have been deleted.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeadWeight

New Age Bogan
Reaction score
Hahaha, funny question. I don't think it's really that rude, drugs have influenced some great songs over the years, and Northlane seem to have a couple of themes going that could support it (speech by Terrance Mckenna in Singularity is a good example.) And in their gear rundown video Adrian is very obviously having a chop :lol:

Xardoniak

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the music specifically, I just wondering if you guys think it's okay to comment things like that.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I disagree with the idea that I can only choose funny or rude. How about making an option 'it makes perfect god damn sense that contemporary musicians are influenced by drugs'

Hey man, you think bands that are influenced by drugs are rude? Then I guess you must have a hard time listening to just about any influential rock band ever.

Xardoniak

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the drug use or the band, I'm talking about pointing it out and more going out of your way to point it out.
I personally don't care if people do drugs, with in reason (eg; child neglection due to an addiction)

I personally don't feel towards either side though it would be more likely to be taken as being rude instead of being okay/good/funny

wakjob

Reaction score
Calling DMT a drug is technically correct, but at the same time personally offensive.

It's not called the 'Spirit Molecule' for nothing. It's the most baffling paradox yet found in nature.

DMT is serious business. It's not a party or recreational compound, and it's not to be abused in any way shape or form. It's to be highly respected, and used only for deep mind research, spiritual exploration, getting to understand oneself and your relationship to this universe.

hd35

Reaction score
I don't know the band and I haven't done any DMT but that movie about DMT called Spirit Molecule is pretty interesting.

Xardoniak

Reaction score
Calling DMT a drug is technically correct, but at the same time personally offensive.

It's not called the 'Spirit Molecule' for nothing. It's the most baffling paradox yet found in nature.

DMT is serious business. It's not a party or recreational compound, and it's not to be abused in any way shape or form. It's to be highly respected, and used only for deep mind research, spiritual exploration, getting to understand oneself and your relationship to this universe.

I don't know much about it, other than it being a drug.

Vhyle

Jackson Shill
Reaction score

It's actually already in every human being. It just requires a catalyst to be released and experienced voluntarily. A human being naturally experiences a DMT 'trip' twice in his or her life - the moment of birth, and the moment of death.

With that said, I've never experienced it, but I would LOVE to. I feel like I could truly benefit from such an intense session of mental self-exploration. I often lose sight on where I am, who I am, and my (in)significance in this infinitely massive, mysterious universe we all reside in. But that's for another thread.

On the topic - do you people realize how much good music that YOU enjoy was created while on drugs? I believe a man by the name of Bill Hicks put it best. I'm sure someone else knows the quote I'm referring to.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score

Right, agreed, still that doesn't change the fact that alot of young folks will treat it like a recreational drug. Granted - many are in a for a rude awakening.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
Right, agreed, still that doesn't change the fact that alot of young folks will treat it like a recreational drug. Granted - many are in a for a rude awakening.

The beauty of DMT is that it will teach you respect for it sooner or later...

As to the op, why shouldn't they talk about their inspirations? How is any different than someone writing about a time they were angry or abused or even just happy. Art is drawn from experience. It's up to the artist to as to what experiences inspire his art.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Umm...

Why does what random people comment on youtube matter?

Narrillnezzurh

Sir Clipsalot
Reaction score
Guys, the OP isn't asking if doing drugs while writing is funny or rude. He's asking if it's funny or rude to comment on an artist doing drugs while writing.