NOS Mint RG7-1 VV

• Thread starter Mark 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it just never ends. I know everyone's sick of this shit from me, but god damn it's been a fun few years of gear hoggedness (please Naren - don't flame me for saying "hoggedness" ;)).
I got this today from fellow gear hog Ron Canella in NJ (who has plenty of my former JC's and is a fucking smoking player) dead mint, hang tags, original case - not a mark on it. I will never cease to be amazed at how well Ibanez JC's play
IMG_0888.jpg

Here's the big question - should you play these out? I do and sometimes wish I didn't (like my bruised CST :scream: ) but they are nice to play.
Universe next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Mark 7 said:
Here's the big question - should you play these out? I do and sometimes wish I didn't (like my bruised CST :scream: ) but they are nice to play.
Universe next?

Play it out. Unless you're a collector, a guitar isn't an investment. Beat the shit out of it, play it like you're never going to sell it, otherwise, what's the point?

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez said:
Play it out. Unless you're a collector, a guitar isn't an investment. Beat the shit out of it, play it like you're never going to sell it, otherwise, what's the point?
:agreed:

Nice guitar. Compared to your CST how similar are the finishes?

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I love new guitars....Cant wait for my next one (And if things go well, it'll be quite the score)

But yeah, play that shit out man. I think the glass case is the worst thing to ever happen to the guitar.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Scott said:
I think the glass case is the worst thing to ever happen to the guitar.

ESPECIALLY really nice guitars like that. Don't you want to make everyone jealous and drool over your axe?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I sure do loves me some cherry sunburst flame tops. :yesway:

Dude, play the hell out of it. That's what it's for.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
metalmike23 said:
Nice guitar. Compared to your CST how similar are the finishes?
pretty close:
IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

Will play both out Saturday then! I agree that they should be played, but will start keeping them cased if not strapped & played - it's sitting in a stand that caused the problems.

steve777

Reaction score
Beautiful! To say your collection is impressive is an understatement. By the way, how are you adjusting to your JP7, Mark?

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
steve777 said:
Beautiful! To say your collection is impressive is an understatement. By the way, how are you adjusting to your JP7, Mark?

Um...

It's on EBay at the moment. It's nice - I'm glad I got one but it's just not for me. I'm hoping to turn it into a Universe.

steve777

Reaction score
Mark 7 said:
Um...
It's on EBay at the moment. It's nice - I'm glad I got one but it's just not for me. I'm hoping to turn it into a Universe.

Ah, I see. Cool. I have no doubts that the Universe will make you a nice guitar.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
OF COURSE you play it out! Guitars are to be played, not collected.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with the 'play it, don't sit on it' philosophy. But there's a difference between not playing out and collecting. My RG2127X doesn't get played out at all. As a matter of fact, the first time it's actually seen a 'show' was this year's block party we did, as I needed the piezos to do a cover of GnR's "I used to love her". But that doesn't mean I don't play the guitar. It's just not a guitar I want to take on stage at all. I'd like to keep it safe.

LEWY7777777

Reaction score
Nice guitar. I wouldn't mind playing it. its got stage looks.
I like to think I treat every guitar the same, gorgeous or not.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
now those are sweet! why dosent ibanez still do thise eh? (not gunna let this go until ibanez starts making intresting non sig. 7s again :squint: )

id certainly love to own either of those, but by the time im in a position these are gunna be sparse at best :ugh: oh well, enjoy those beasts, theyre certanly the most classy looking ibby 7s :hbang: