Not so happy new gear day, kiesel photomatch gone wrong - FINAL UPDATE: 5-3-16

• Thread starter Konstantine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Lol some people in the kiesel group are trying to say its my fault for not asking how the burl affects the paint... Isn't that part of customer service? Informing the customer that their photo match finish request is not doable? Jeez.
The figuring of the top does not turn the finish from green to white! Common sense. Plus, this is a sprayed finish, not a stain. The kids in that group are absolute morons.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
I thought it looked sprayed. Like they can do this

And these

12932580_837768669678301_1874577890052094176_n.jpg

10441341_814324485356053_9083162756659097519_n.jpg

But cant lighten up that center a little bit? Cmon Kiesel

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Am I looking at the right picture? The picture looks like a whitewash with a blue burst. I don't see how it's dark in the middle at all. It just looks white. I expected a dark blue, based on the comment about the darkness of burl. But that actually looks light, just totally not blended and not any shade of blue in the middle part.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
To the op I really hope they get you taken care of and your not out $2400
Put this on IG Kiesel
ca7f59d4-3f39-4a0e-ae41-057a78a13690.png
a8aaad57-a214-4fec-ad17-dce657d1fedd.png

EDIT: Forgot the hashtag #buyamerican

Konstantine

Reaction score
To the op I really hope they get you taken care of and your not out $2400
Put this on kiesel ig

EDIT: Forgot the hashtag #buyamerican

I don't have IG but you are welcome to throw it up there. The fact that I'm getting harassed like crazy on the fb page has me disgusted. One guy even crept through my profile and started posting pics of me. What a pleasure to do business with kiesel

MrWulf

Reaction score
Wow, i'm not a fan of burst color but that oceanburst is sick.
The Agile burst, that is. The Kiesel one looks crappy. So much for buying American.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, FB is like wandering into a psychopath ward. Zero empathy, and a lot of frightening aggression. I'm afraid to post anything these days. Saying, "I don't care for mint chocolate chip ice cream" is enough to get death threats.

You might try creating a profile on carvinbbs.com and posting there. Things seem to get looked at closely there, and are generally dealt with well. The guys there are huge Carvin fans, but are also super supportive and laid back.

One question I have though - if you return a guitar and buy another one, are you saying you cannot then return that one as well? Like, you only get one return? I didn't understand that part about not being able to return a rebuild. I thought it was that you could return anything other than an option 50, and it didn't matter how many other returns you had.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, FB is like wandering into a psychopath ward. Zero empathy, and a lot of frightening aggression. I'm afraid to post anything these days. Saying, "I don't care for mint chocolate chip ice cream" is enough to get death threats.

You might try creating a profile on carvinbbs.com and posting there. Things seem to get looked at closely there, and are generally dealt with well. The guys there are huge Carvin fans, but are also super supportive and laid back.

One question I have though - if you return a guitar and buy another one, are you saying you cannot then return that one as well? Like, you only get one return? I didn't understand that part about not being able to return a rebuild. I thought it was that you could return anything other than an option 50, and it didn't matter how many other returns you had.

My understanding is that the return was only denied due to having an option 50 "color match".

Konstantine

Reaction score

It was news to me too, after having called saying the finish turned out different, I was informed that since it was a rebuild (even though the first instrument had numerous finish flaws) your second go around is absolutely non-returnable in addition to the option 50 finish

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was news to me too, after having called saying the finish turned out different, I was informed that since it was a rebuild (even though the first instrument had numerous finish flaws) your second go around is absolutely non-returnable

Just out of curiosity, was your first build also a color match or was that only initiated with the rebuild? And if you don't mind sharing, what issues were there with the initial build? If you had a thread for that I must have missed it.

Konstantine

Reaction score
I didn't make a thread because they promptly accepted the return so I was being nice and giving them a chance to make things right, instead they spit in my face and laugh at me with this second incident. The first build had a long deep scrape in the front of the fretboard, paint missing off the point of the headstock and body binding bleeding through, showing on the top side of the neck where it was supposed to be black. And it was not a color match, it was an aqua burst

Konstantine

Reaction score
And the fb post got taken down because the administration let a troll continue on making personal insults and slanders with impunity, a coincidence? I think not.

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't make a thread because they promptly accepted the return so I was being nice and giving them a chance to make things right, instead they spit in my face and laugh at me with this second incident. The first build had a long deep scrape in the front of the fretboard, paint missing off the point of the headstock and body binding bleeding through, showing on the top side of the neck where it was supposed to be black.

Gotcha. Really sucks to have spent that kind of money with this kind of result. Was the initial build the same specs? Same color match request?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
This kind of stuff is why I've held off from buying a Kiesel. And I've seen several awesome blue bursts lately from everywhere but Carvin. (I don't like that DEEEEEEEP blue they throw in everything.) I've resigned myself to saving up and getting a full custom I actually want. Sucks that your stuck with that half-eaten jawbreaker finish. :(

cemges

Reaction score
To be honest I think your guitar looks better. But I have been seeing those Kiesel threads, I don't know much about carvin etc. But I got the impression Jeff Kiesel is somewhat drunk?

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
That's.... wow. I mean, I'm sort of color-blind, and even I can tell that's wayyy off. Sorry, man.

Also Holloway, I'm seeing what you see, it may just be the photo though. It's more yellow at the middle for me.

exo

Reaction score
Maybe it's just that the Internet emphasizes the negative in things, but man, Keisel's level of QC is positively Gibson-esque recently. Ordering from them seems like playing Russian roulette these days...... The color match isn't even in the same ballpark, and from the sounds of it, the first guitar never should have been shipped!

Zado

Reaction score
Lol some people in the kiesel group are trying to say its my fault for not asking how the burl affects the paint... Isn't that part of customer service? Informing the customer that their photo match finish request is not doable? Jeez.

Don't worry man, nothing new under the sun.

Ugly job,btw

There's this admin in the group who keeps deleting comments that criticize Kiesel. Complete bull.....
Apparently there are some huge FB groups which have Carvin-Kiesel employees as admins...that would explain quite a lot.

downburst82

Reaction score
And the fb post got taken down because the administration let a troll continue on making personal insults and slanders with impunity, a coincidence? I think not.

yup ive seen that strategy used on other groups controlled by the same person I suspect is in control of the carvin/kiesel group....they could just delete the offending posts/comments..you know mod like they are supposed to do. But letting it get out of hand with personal attacks and then deleting a thread that makes them look bad "for your sake" works so much better :noway:

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Ugh, that's bad and the rigid customer service attitude (even though you clearly have a product that's nothing like it was supposed to be) sounds even worse. :squint:

To me it looks like Kiesel's honeymoon as the "cheap custom shop with mostly reliable quality" is over - some mishaps were acceptable earlier, but if they're going to aim for the big league they still have a couple of things to fix and I hope they realize that in the custom guitar business --> quality > quantity (psst, call John Suhr or Paul Reed Smith)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts