Not so happy new gear day, kiesel photomatch gone wrong - FINAL UPDATE: 5-3-16

• Thread starter Konstantine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbardu

Reaction score
So now creating a 15-page topic on sso means getting a free guitar? Interesting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
So now creating a 15-page topic on sso means getting a free guitar? Interesting.

Maybe it's just my reading on the situation, but he didn't say it was free.
Would be insane if that's the case, getting stuck with a ~$2500 guitar with a botched finish from an established company merits 15 pages of ranting, the raffle makes sense since those contributing get the chance at getting a new guitar for $50, donating money for a refinish to a stranger would be a stretch for me, but a free custom guitar would be crazy. Might make me want to start complaining more, but I would think that's not what's happening.

Konstantine

Reaction score
Maybe it's just my reading on the situation, but he didn't say it was free.
Would be insane if that's the case, getting stuck with a ~$2500 guitar with a botched finish from an established company merits 15 pages of ranting, the raffle makes sense since those contributing get the chance at getting a new guitar for $50, donating money for a refinish to a stranger would be a stretch for me, but a free custom guitar would be crazy. Might make me want to start complaining more, but I would think that's not what's happening.

It's not free, what I wrote earlier was a bit vague. The kiesel guitar will be taken by the shop doing the favor for me and be auctioned off by them. I can't give out anymore details than that.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
So, I have a new update for everyone.

A vendor on this website who has been observing this thread since it first posted, has reached out to me and made an outstanding offer to build me the guitar that I wanted in the first place with the correct colors! I will withhold the name for now (it's not kiesel though) until things progress and said instrument is received at which point I will be posting a NGD on here for. Beyond thankful right now and completely caught by surprise that a custom shop vendor would do something amazing like this for me. Thanks again.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :hbang::shred::hbang::shred::hbang::shred::hbang:

That's unbelievably awesome! Whoever it is that's stepping up to the plate must be quite the BAMF to help you out. I look forward to seeing the results.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Even if it was free, it's extremely nice of whatever Luthier decided to pick up the project and make what Kostantine wants. Props to them :yesway:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
This is awesome. Whoever this luthier is (and he just went on my short list of people who I would buy a guitar from) is going to have a good life, because he looks at a situation and only sees possibilities. That's what makes a successful person and business. I think it's awesome that he saw a guitar that wasn't what the customer wanted, and instead of seeing a failure, saw the opportunity to build his brand, help a brother out, and have fun time doing it. Well done, secret luthier, well done.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Is it too early for us to all speculate about which luthier it is, and then tear down each others' suggestions? :lol:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I wonder if it's KxK... If it is, I would take one KxK over 10 Carvins. But I'm trying to think of who else it could be.

Edit: on 2nd thought, Skervessen would make sense.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Normally my guess would be Brian, but from my understanding, he's done building.
Second guess is....the Sabre guys maybe? They're good folks.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
I got money on Skervesen, and if it is, you are in for a lucky surprise. Grats man!

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Look at the new one Jeff's bragging about. This is his attempt at a fade. SMH

I need to address this.

Kiesel posted this pic of this guitar yesterday asking for opinions. Everyone (I mean, EVERYONE) agreed that the fade was nonexistent and the transition from teal to blue was too abrupt due to the lack of a proper fade. Kiesel completely ignored the concurring opinion and instead just completed the guitar anyway (new pic is up on their social media) without refinishing the top or changing anything. Now everyone is kissing ass on this guitar and saying "how great it looks" instead of acknowledging that Kiesel didn't address or fix the lack of a fade. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

See how the online hype bullsh*t works now? People are willing to overlook the lazy, careless, half-assed work based on the excuse of: "oh, it was just because of the lighting and the angle and my phone's camera".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts