"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
Sold an instrument that I have a lot of history with today and it's the first time I've ever been met with mixed emotions upon doing so. I used it to record both an EP and an LP and owned it since about 2012 having played countless gigs with it. The time in my life I used it had some of the worst memories of my life for various reasons and my thought in selling it was to try to let go of some of that and move on to create better memories. It needed some work I didn't really feel like doing and could never quite get it set up to my liking since putting it in its sarcophagus a few years ago, but still, I feel that mix of emotions, both good and bad. Perhaps some of you can relate. It sold in literally about 5 minutes on Reverb so it seems like fate stepped in and helped my choice along.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sold an instrument that I have a lot of history with today and it's the first time I've ever been met with mixed emotions upon doing so. I used it to record both an EP and an LP and owned it since about 2012 having played countless gigs with it. The time in my life I used it had some of the worst memories of my life for various reasons and my thought in selling it was to try to let go of some of that and move on to create better memories. It needed some work I didn't really feel like doing and could never quite get it set up to my liking since putting it in its sarcophagus a few years ago, but still, I feel that mix of emotions, both good and bad. Perhaps some of you can relate. It sold in literally about 5 minutes on Reverb so it seems like fate stepped in and helped my choice along.
Oh man! Legitimately sorry for your loss but it does sound like it was for the best if it's tied to some hard times in your life. I'm guessing if it sold that quickly someone really wanted it to start making good memories of their own!

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
The mixed emotional aspect is pretty understandable. I've gone through similar feelings with nostalgic possessions before.. with music, movies, and written words as well. Some things that comforted me throughout negative times are now a bit painful to revisit because of the association with those negative times.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Last night I gave a sympathy handjob to a 35 year old closeted gay virgin African refugee because I felt sorry for him. It was over in less than a minute and he thought it was the greatest thing that ever happened to him.

There ya go, buddy....welcome to America. I'm gonna go wash my hands now.
🫡🫡🫡

I love my new guitar tone so much I made it my ringtone. It even sounds good on a crappy phone speaker. Feels good, man.
So happy for you. One time I met someone who had a bunch of his own drawings hanging on his wall and it implicitly gave me permission to do the same. I feel like this is that same energy.

Holy shit, I actually watched that movie. I am by no means a B-movie or horror guy, but my buddy in high school was and he insisted we all watch it one day. Couldn't believe it was made by THAT Peter Jackson, but then rewatching LOTR and seeing some of this up-close shots of Orcs and Uruk Hai made a lot more sense.

In other news: hey, there have been some minor weeks to the site. Still have dumb-as-hell videos in the middle of the threads list.
If you haven't seen Bad Taste, it's a similarly goofy, gory early PJ film.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
The only product I use from goats is soap. Goat soap is good. A couple in my area makes some really good goat soap in a variety of scents. I like the tobacco and bay leaf variety most. They do all the piney and oceany scents too.

For the next time any of you have to figure out what to get your mom's, sister's, wives, husband's during holidays or birthdays here ya go sage meadow goat soap

Bodes

Reaction score
Is it tacky to have a painting of yourself above your bed? A fan painted this for me and it's one of my favorite possessions. I needed a place to put it and there was open space.View attachment 142376

Only if you pleasure yourself to it, or use it to become aroused when your evening's entertainment is not entertaining enough...

Other than that, hell no. It is awesome!