"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
But what if you're abroad and don't have access to your computer and need to access one of your accounts?
If you don't have access to a computer, then what are you signing into that account on? I think all those services have mobile apps, if that's what you're implying. And the mobile apps will let you use a fingerprint instead of a password - but you can be the judge of whether or not that a risk of just flat out forgetting your master password because you never use it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
That's really sketchy though. Like I trust you dudes, you make good points. But what if you're abroad and don't have access to your computer and need to access one of your accounts? You're fucked! Which by the way if you follow these recommendations every one of those accounts will have a different gibberish password. What if you have like 100 different logins for all your stuff?
All your stuff relies on this one program and if there's a problem then buckle up? 😵‍💫

I see how it's worth it for a business that's worth a lot of money, but a normal person?

You can have the app installed on your phone, too. Most people have one of those.

The app autocompletes the login forms for you if you want, or you can copy and paste the credentials: if you are trying to login into, say, GMail you open the passwords app, select "GMail" from a list, and the form is autocompleted for you.

If you lose your phone or whatever you can always recover your passwords using the web app (or just install the app again on a new phone or computer).

The only thing you have to do is: do not forget the main password you use to unlock all the other passwords.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Don't know where else to put this, but you folks around here would at least get some of it, and it's worth sharing with somebody.

One of my characters in my books is an old-school metalhead turned vampire in '96. Once he finds a settled life in 2575 with a navy captain as a wife, he starts picking up old hobbies, one of which is playing guitar. I'm currently writing the album that will be the companion piece to the book where this happens.

So, as the alarm struck this morning, I'm having a dream of him and his band playing a thrashed out version of Pat Benetar's Heartbreaker. I literally am laughing my ass off as I turn off the alarm because I'm hearing gallops over the chord voicings with thrash style triplet kicks and a dude singing very operatically.

God damn. This is both hysterical, and an easy enough song to play anyway, I may end up having to tap into cover licensing.

Or, stop watching Nobody so often.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I don't think this is quite what you were aiming for, but your phrasing makes me think of the times where someone will catch me drumming on my steering wheel in rhythm with a turn signal and laugh at me for it.
LOL. Many a time I look up at a stop light to see somebody giving me the stinkeye in a mirror due to me holding a long vocal note with a hand in the air. Sometimes without even having the stereo on.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
The meme of people singing in the shower really should be people singing in the car.
That Judas Priest video with everybody playing air-instruments in the car was pretty much my entire friend-group in high school.

What's really funny is that everybody does it when they don't think anybody's looking, but if you keep doing it when somebody looks, they act like you're insane.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a mnemonic for my wife so she could better understand the standard guitar tuning (she didn't ask).
E - Every
B - Bad
G - Girl
D - Does
A -Anal
E -Excessively
She was not impressed or amused.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
I made a mnemonic for my wife so she could better understand the standard guitar tuning (she didn't ask).
E - Every
B - Bad
G - Girl
D - Does
A -Anal
E -Excessively
She was not impressed or amused.
A common saying in our house applies here. And before I say it, I know it's from a song, a book title, and has been used all over the place, but we remember it specifically because Leslie Jordan said it on Lego Masters, so picture a short, older gay dude saying this with a huge smile:
"Good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere!"

Maybe that'll help? Or make things worse? Either way, entertaining.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
The term "baseball bat guitar neck", as a term for a thick ( and often round neck, vs a flatter D shape), always bugged me. When you grasp a baseball bat, the very area where you put your hands is skinny.
1709778296256.png

Yes, I understand that it's meant to recall the opposite end, but...it's such an illogical metaphor since you don't really ever grab that end, especially when there are so many other thick things that could be referenced. A soup can, a telephone pole, my enormous cock, a thermos, a beer can, a rolling pin...

I hereby call for the end of using "baseball bat neck" to indicate a thick neck.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
The term "baseball bat guitar neck", as a term for a thick ( and often round neck, vs a flatter D shape), always bugged me. When you grasp a baseball bat, the very area where you put your hands is skinny.
View attachment 139888

Yes, I understand that it's meant to recall the opposite end, but...it's such an illogical metaphor since you don't really ever grab that end, especially when there are so many other thick things that could be referenced. A soup can, a telephone pole, my enormous cock, a thermos, a beer can, a rolling pin...

I hereby call for the end of using "baseball bat neck" to indicate a thick neck.

FWIW, baseball bat handles are on average an inch thick.

Any guitar neck that starts at around an inch would be considered a "baseball bat guitar neck" to me :lol:

spudmunkey

Reaction score
FWIW, baseball bat handles are on average an inch thick.

Any guitar neck that starts at around an inch would be considered a "baseball bat guitar neck" to me :lol:

While technichally true, a guitar neck's width reduces the perceived impact of that 1".

nightflameauto

Reaction score
View attachment 139888

While I've heard them referred to as boat necks, I much prefer the term cankle. It's a cankle neck.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
LOL. Many a time I look up at a stop light to see somebody giving me the stinkeye in a mirror due to me holding a long vocal note with a hand in the air. Sometimes without even having the stereo on.

Ya...I had one of those before. Windows down because shitbox with no AC, just singing along and I pull up to the red light right about I get to the bridge in Given Up by Linkin Park, full blown, "PUT ME OUT OF MY FUCKING MISERAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!" Car next to me was like equal parts scared, impressed and laughing.

Also...how the fuck did he actually just scream that shit?

Latest posts