"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ibanez 5 string finishes are just so, so bad right now for my personal tastes.
yeah i'm not digging those too much right now.

Have you looked at ESP, Sire or Lakland's Skyline series? I'm not up to date in their current offerings for those three but it seems they've generally had a decent selection.

Or if you want to go multiscale I can't say enough good about Dingwall's Combustions and NG's. They have good colors too.
the esp ltd b1005 and 2005's aren't bad looking.

I'm not too keen on multiscale at the moment so I haven't really been looking at Dingwall. They do have some cool looking stuff in the custom shop though.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I keep meaning to put my Ibanez headless 5-string up for sale, since I don't touch it compared to my 4-string which I also really don't play, but I'm just, so so lazy

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
My now-former emotionally unstable alcoholic roommate is GONE. Glory hallelujah. He left a bunch of shit behind but I am counting my blessings at this point.

I keep meaning to put my Ibanez headless 5-string up for sale, since I don't touch it compared to my 4-string which I also really don't play, but I'm just, so so lazy
I do big marketplace pushes a couple times a year. It's such a hassle dealing with lowballing dipshits, people who drop an offer and ghost on your completely reasonable counter, and everything else that I have to spend some months working up the mental fortitude. Most recently I had a very responsive dipshit trying to offer me HALF what I listed a batch of tools for, then asking me to deliver them. This fucker was an officer in the army too, I guess he blew all of his money on diapers and dodge charger payments. Felt really good to leave his ass on read when someone drove to my house and paid my extremely reasonable asking price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Couple quick cabinet ohm questions:

My 1x12 has a daisy chain out that I wired up a while ago to separate 2 1x12s and I just bought a 2x12 16 ohm cab with 2 8 ohm speakers in it, obviously wired in series to get 16 ohms. If I went out of my SD Powerstage 170 output into the 1x12 8 ohm cab then daisy chain to the 16 ohm 2x12 what would that actually see at the amp side? This isn't the biggest deal if it isn't recommended, just an idea.

The more important real question, I should be able to rewire the cab in parallel and get 4ohms correct? The Powerstage gives full power at 4 ohms and that's the end goal for me.
One more question, it has two 100 watt speakers in this 2x12, wouldn't that be 200 watt cab? Why is it telling me 160 watts?

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Why is it telling me 160 watts?
What is the "it" in this sentence? If you've got two 100w speakers, I always understood this to be additive, so you'd have 200w of handling if you pair them. But then, I think wattage ratings are always to be taken with a grain of salt. Is that RMS? Is it peak? Have the numbers been fudged to look good? To pair with a certain amp? Is that the max before a certain amount of distortion or before the speakers die? Who knows. IMO, if you're using the PS170, you're more likely to run out of amp headroom than to kill a speaker. It's a powerful little amp, but it's not THAT powerful. If it was the 700, I'd be concerned, but with the 170 or 200, I'd just use your ears. If the speakers protest, back the volume off, otherwise I wouldn't be too worried about it.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
What is the "it" in this sentence? If you've got two 100w speakers, I always understood this to be additive, so you'd have 200w of handling if you pair them. But then, I think wattage ratings are always to be taken with a grain of salt. Is that RMS? Is it peak? Have the numbers been fudged to look good? To pair with a certain amp? Is that the max before a certain amount of distortion or before the speakers die? Who knows. IMO, if you're using the PS170, you're more likely to run out of amp headroom than to kill a speaker. It's a powerful little amp, but it's not THAT powerful. If it was the 700, I'd be concerned, but with the 170 or 200, I'd just use your ears. If the speakers protest, back the volume off, otherwise I wouldn't be too worried about it.
The it being the Waza 212 I thought I was referencing when I quoted myself but I suppose I wasn't clear sorry! Yeah it's got 2 100 watt Waza speakers but on the back of the cab it says 160 Watts. I know I'm not going to pop anything, I was just curious morely! Thanks!

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I think I've posted on here before, probably in this thread, about how my brain is constantly running various background word-game subroutines on everything I see. I didn't ask to be like this, I just am. Anyway, today my physical therapist is doing dry needling on my hand and goes "big twitches!" My brain is immediately like, "twig bitches!" Thankfully I have a pretty effective filter between brain and mouth.

In case anyone's wondering, "twig bitches" are those creepy little dolls the Blair Witch hangs in the woods. Motherfuckers know they came into the wrong woods when they see twig bitches hanging everywhere.

Also, speaking of effective filters, I accidentally texted an eggplant emoji along with some smilies to a yoga instructor I work with in a professional capacity a couple weeks ago. Thankfully we have a pretty friendly relationship and she laughed it off, but coulda been disastrous....

.....and since I know you're wondering why it was in my suggested emojis in the first place, earlier that day I had texted a different friend to tell her that my cat crawled under my blankets to snuggle and immediately sneezed directly on my dick. He has no respect. 😼💦🍆

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
When I fart... usually at the grocery store, walmart, or lowes... and I see someone approaching, I typically very quietly to myself whisper something like "I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry. I know you don't deserve this" then slowly turn and scamper off. And I'm not talking the happy little tickling tootie... I'm talking that deep all day marinating double puff... that one with the sleepy slow-motion cheek clap... that one that might actually make some unsuspecting shopper angry or ill.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When I fart... usually at the grocery store, walmart, or lowes... and I see someone approaching, I typically very quietly to myself whisper something like "I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry. I know you don't deserve this" then slowly turn and scamper off. And I'm not talking the happy little tickling tootie... I'm talking that deep all day marinating double puff... that one with the sleepy slow-motion cheek clap... that one that might actually make some unsuspecting shopper angry or ill.

That reminds me of my dad telling me ages ago when he was in his 30's-40's he'd cut one going byshopping carts with kids in it. I think he said one time one of them cried lol

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
That reminds me of my dad telling me ages ago when he was in his 30's-40's he'd cut one going byshopping carts with kids in it. I think he said one time one of them cried lol
Oh no! haha. I don't think I've ever intentionally tried to fluff someone out... friends, yeah but not total strangers. Farting is one of those things that I still find personal and typically embarrassing. Although I can relate to your dad's devious indiscretions as I worked so many years in retail and I pretty much despise children. If there was little brat in a cart... too young to register a formal complaint, then yeah... I could totally see sending one their way lol.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I used to have a coworker who would trick new people into helping him carry a table into the elevator. he would have them back in, pin them to the wall with the table, put his end of the table down, turn around and fart into the elevator, then hit the door close button that was out-of-reach of the person pinned behind the table.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I have my grandpa's farts.

When I was a kid, I remember having to go to my grandparents on Sunday's. My grandpa had his own bathroom/ bedroom separate from my grandma's. And I'd go in there to do my kiddie business and to check out his cool stuff... old lighters, colognes, magazines, etc. And when I got much older, I'd sometimes fart and be like "Hmm... this smells familiar". Took me a few times but I eventually realized that my hot fog was reminiscent of the way that my grandpa's bathroom smelled after he had been in there... in his bathroom, not in my ass. It's not every fart... just once in a while, but talk about nostalgia! Dunno if he ever contemplated that someone might remember him by his distinctive gastrointestinal aroma but I do and it gives me the warm fuzzies.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Ugh, just missed out on a crazy cool 9 string Jerzy Drozd yesterday. There was a guy selling one on FB, I messaged him that I was interested, and asked how much. He didn't respond for 3 hours, and then 30 minutes after he responded I told him I'd take it, and gave him my zip code, asked how he wanted payment, etc. Apparently another guy DM'ed him in that 30 minute gap, and worked out a deal, and got it. That's the 3rd guitar I really wanted that didn't get (first two were a Jem 7V7 that I missed by an hour, and a Sandberg Patchwork bass I missed by a day). I guess next time I just need to write, "Sold! I'll take it!" right off the bat, so I have first dibs.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
So I picked up a boss cab recently and I have been finding it quite dark and muffled sounding after I wired it in parallel, and I found this at the input, which I'm not super sure why a cab would need it, but I swear once I put in a regular jack and wired it up it seemed to open up the cab a ton, lots more high end and upper mids. Any idea what this would have been doing and why it would possibly darken the tone so much?

IMG_20240330_184946.jpg

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Is that maybe a standard jack they use in the whole rest of the line and it's PCB mounted, so rather than sourcing a 2nd jack, they just crank out these PCBs to adapt them for use in the cabinet...and even if it costs a little more than the other jack, maybe it speeds up the assembly in the factory or something. 🤔

Latest posts