"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn I need some practice

IMG-9883.png
I can never get full coverage in 2 min.

Always takes me like 2:10-2:15 at the fastest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This one has 5 modes. I did “Daily Clean” the first time and it was a rough go but it has a “Sensitive” setting and that’s gonna be what it’s gonna have to be for a little while. There’s a whitening or polish setting on there but I think I’ll just use that for a paint correction on my truck.
I could have used that on the frame of an 02 Silverado I had.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
When I see toothbrushes with apps, it makes me wonder who figured out how to monetize brushing data, and what exactly they plan on doing with that data.

I've also never had an electric toothbrush that didn't stop working for one reason or another within about two weeks of purchase. I'd hate to pay for a fancied up bluetooth/wireless toothbrush and have the same thing happen.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I’m a religious flosser. I’m just predisposed to periodontal disease apparently. I have never had a cavity or braces and have all of my wisdom teeth which is a little bit of an anomaly but the price I pay is eventual gum disease.
WISDOM TEETH HAVERS UNITE

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
When I see toothbrushes with apps, it makes me wonder who figured out how to monetize brushing data, and what exactly they plan on doing with that data.

I've also never had an electric toothbrush that didn't stop working for one reason or another within about two weeks of purchase. I'd hate to pay for a fancied up bluetooth/wireless toothbrush and have the same thing happen.

I converted to the Electrict Toothbrush lifestyle about 5 years ago. First the Sonicare longhead version, it lasted for say 3 years then I abandoned it (no issues) and got an Oral B. No issues and I don't use the app, its a far superior way to keep your teef clean IMO. Dentist seems pretty good with the results too.
The one thing I do is always remove the head and rinse out the contact parts and leave them disconnected when not in use, and the base is always parked on the charger. My wife just leaves the head on and it turns into a Davey Jones situation then gets unused. SMH.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I converted to the Electrict Toothbrush lifestyle about 5 years ago. First the Sonicare longhead version, it lasted for say 3 years then I abandoned it (no issues) and got an Oral B. No issues and I don't use the app, its a far superior way to keep your teef clean IMO. Dentist seems pretty good with the results too.
The one thing I do is always remove the head and rinse out the contact parts and leave them disconnected when not in use, and the base is always parked on the charger. My wife just leaves the head on and it turns into a Davey Jones situation then gets unused. SMH.
I concur. The electric toothbrush is the way to go. I was getting really bad receding gums from a regular toothbrush and brushing too hard. Not long after switching to an electric, my gums started recovering and my teef are cleaner and more polished than ever. Minus the coffee stains lol

brector

Reaction score
I am a weirdo and can't use an electric tooth brush, the vibrations tickle my gums too much :(

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I have a sonicare with the water pick and all that. It will feel weird the first few times you use it. Mine has worked for about three years so far. I run it until it's basically dead before recharging it, dunno if that matters.

Over the last year 99% of the time I just use a normal brush and floss. It all does the same thing IME. I need a toothbrush app about as much as I need a toilet paper one.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
If you guys have any issues with tooth sensitivity get a toothpaste with nanohydroxyapatite. It's been used for decades by oral surgeons/recommended by japanese dentists. Most of the current literature is pushing it over fluoride since it's non-toxic and works even better at reinforcing/rebuilding teeth than fluoride.
Absolute gamechanger for me personally. I use Boka Ela toothpaste but there are other brands that have nanohydroxyapatite too.

jaxadam

Reaction score
If you guys have any issues with tooth sensitivity get a toothpaste with nanohydroxyapatite. It's been used for decades by oral surgeons/recommended by japanese dentists. Most of the current literature is pushing it over fluoride since it's non-toxic and works even better at reinforcing/rebuilding teeth than fluoride.
Absolute gamechanger for me personally. I use Boka Ela toothpaste but there are other brands that have nanohydroxyapatite too.

Added to cart.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My wife got the mint one for all of us. It's a much milder mint than I was expecting but I like using it. Will be buying more.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
My wife got the mint one for all of us. It's a much milder mint than I was expecting but I like using it. Will be buying more.
It's great stuff ime. I put my sister onto it and she also has basically no sensitivity anymore.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Out of context, glancing through the thread, my brain did very bad things to some of these posts.
Does yours have a timer that tells you when to shift to a new zone? I get a buzz every 30 seconds, to switch to the next zone, for a total of 4 zones. I usually go bottom inside, bottom outside, top outside, top inside.
Mine doesn't usually talk to me, though I have been known to shift techniques mid session.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

It asked if my gums were bleeding and I was like hell yes and it was like well that’s normal for first timers.
Oh, first timers.
I can never get full coverage in 2 min.

Always takes me like 2:10-2:15 at the fastest.
Bragger.
I'm gonna trick it this morning and use my left hand!
Ah, the ever awkward non-dominant hand technique!
It's great stuff ime. I put my sister onto it and she also has basically no sensitivity anymore.
I...

... nope. That one's just too ripe to pluck.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I've been using anti-sensitivity toothpaste for years and I'm still a little bitch 🤷‍♀️
It works differently from anti-sensitivity toothpaste. Those usually just dull or numb the sensitive nerves somewhat while the fluoride helps harden the enamel of the teeth/prevent further decay.
Nanohydroxyapatite is essentially what your teeth are made out. It helps remineralize the enamel's calcium and phosphate, which basically limits nerve exposure and in turn decreases sensitivity.

Last edited:

spudmunkey

Reaction score

I keep mine in a glass*, assembled. Then, when it does need to be charged (every 2-3 weeks), that's when I take it apart and clean it. Though, I've yet to find anything there when I do.

I know people who brush their teeth over the sink and just let all of the juices flow out of their mouth as they brush, which I imagine could cause stuff to run down the brush to the gap. But my mouth stays pretty sealed around the brush head, so nothing is leaking down that far. Additionally, I know lots of people who add water to the brush when they start to brush...toothpaste and saliva is plenty of moisture for it to work...adding more water just means more potential for fluid to build up and run, IMO. Finally, when I do rinse the brush after each use, it's always pointed down so water doesn't reach "up" to the gap. So I've only been using it for a few months, but that gap has never had anything in it to even have a hint of gunk/build-up.

*no, it's not one of those with a charging glass...just a regular DOF glass to make it easy to keep the brush upright when I'm putting it back at 3AM after a long day, in the dark.