"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I had to give my cat IV fluids for a couple days when he got poisoned. It was the end of his treatment, he was well enough to go home but not done taking fluids and it was either that or pay the obscene overnight fees for the vet to do it. He was surprisingly willing.... for the most part. For the other parts, like @crushingpetal said.... you know exactly how it went.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had to give my cat IV fluids for a couple days when he got poisoned. It was the end of his treatment, he was well enough to go home but not done taking fluids and it was either that or pay the obscene overnight fees for the vet to do it. He was surprisingly willing.... for the most part. For the other parts, like @crushingpetal said.... you know exactly how it went.
That sounds insane. I have to give my cat meds from a syringe every morning and it's typically one of those old timey British comedy affairs where I'm chasing him around and he's hiding under the couch, table, or bed and then running out and re-hiding.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
That sounds insane. I have to give my cat meds from a syringe every morning and it's typically one of those old timey British comedy affairs where I'm chasing him around and he's hiding under the couch, table, or bed and then running out and re-hiding.
It's easy for me to enjoy laughing at this because I don't have to do it :lol:

The maddest I've been in a long time, followed by the worst I've ever been fucked up by a cat in my entire life, was when my cat started meowing to go outside at 3 am like he always does, and then when I got up to let him out he fucking hid under the bed.

I put my whole body under there and grabbed the scruff of his neck to drag him out, and something must have spooked him (or he just sensed my rage) because he's normally quite docile under my touch but he turned into the tazmanian fucking devil and sunk all of his claws and teeth into my forearm all at the same time. He went outside willingly after giving me a set of matching puncture wounds, and then I felt bad for screaming at him because he's just a dumb kitty. Fucking cats. I love him.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Oh god, the IV treatment. We had a kitty with kidney failure at one point, and we could keep her going by essentially pumping her full of IV saline once a day. I'd sooner chop my arm off than go through that a gain. With a god damned butter knife.

The only worse time I remember is when we brought two sick kittes home from the farm and had to nurse them back from the brink. Bacterial infections. First few days of treatment, when they were too weak to fight, were fine. The second week or so, when they started gaining strength? The female would eventually cooperate, but the male was like a full-rage lion or some shit, and he weighed all of two and a half pounds, if that. It took two big adults to hold him still enough, and that was *WITH* the towel wrap method. He's still with us, seventeen years later, which I'm happy about, but man did he put up a struggle in those first few weeks.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Cutting my last dog's nails was probably the biggest pet feat I've ever done. 95 lbs and friendly as the day is long, but entirely uncooperative when it came to nail clipping. I'm already too careful about it because I don't want to cut the wick in the claw, but it's delicate work all the same. He eventually got better about it thank Christ in heaven, after slinging him up from my pull up bar with a surplus military blanket. We don't have asphalt or concrete around my house for him to wear them down on and if they get too long it can cause foot issues, and the wicks can grow longer to the point where you have to cut it to get the claw back to proper length. Thankfully never had to do that, but still a real PITA.

10 month puppy I have now bites his own nails. Guess I earned a break.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cutting my last dog's nails was probably the biggest pet feat I've ever done. 95 lbs and friendly as the day is long, but entirely uncooperative when it came to nail clipping. I'm already too careful about it because I don't want to cut the wick in the claw, but it's delicate work all the same. He eventually got better about it thank Christ in heaven, after slinging him up from my pull up bar with a surplus military blanket. We don't have asphalt or concrete around my house for him to wear them down on and if they get too long it can cause foot issues, and the wicks can grow longer to the point where you have to cut it to get the claw back to proper length. Thankfully never had to do that, but still a real PITA.

That's pretty much how it's been going with our German Shepherd. She's 11 years old and still doesn't really let me do it. I trimmed her nails a little bit a few months ago and it went okay, she must have been feeling charitable. Thankfully the vet did it last week and got them super short without hitting any quick, so no bleeding.

Similar deal with our coon hound, he chews them and keeps them short. He's just a pain in the ass in every other way though lol

brector

Reaction score

Ha! Our last Husky would let the vet or a tech trim her nails just fine, but when I did it, she would make the most god awful noise, it really sounded like she was screaming! So I would do like 1-2 at a time.
Our current dog is a ~120lb pyrenees mix, she doesn't like it, but really doesn't fight it. Which is good, she weighs almost as much as I do lol.
If you are worried about cutting the quick - get some styptic powder - it will stop the bleeding on contact.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The maddest I've been in a long time, followed by the worst I've ever been fucked up by a cat in my entire life, was when my cat started meowing to go outside at 3 am like he always does, and then when I got up to let him out he fucking hid under the bed.
Yes.
Fucking cats. I love him.
This is the cat experience. If I may submit, they are the metal-ist of all domesticated house animals.

Latest posts