"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I dunno man. My childhood best friend had a dog that we once found INSIDE a deer carcass he had detoured to during a woods walk. He was very proud of himself.
My old cat used to decapitate voles and break the spines of rabbits on the regular. Lil fucker didn't even have front claws.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This shit had me cracking up when they cut to Brent and he's clearly baked out of his gourd. Dude is just vibing and playing the riffs on an unplugged Gretsch lol

Brent had some Dr Brule energy in this one lol

I remember seeing this thinking Circle of Cysquatch had to be #1 because the ending is so heavy and grooves like a motherfucker.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
What's next, the poppiest Slayer riffs?

I love Mastodon, but they've definitely evolved beyond being just weird and heavy IMO.

Last edited:

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to find more excuses to use the phrase "numb nuts". It has this wise-guy-ish character I like.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt but it's either here or in "unpopular opinions" and this is where I landed...

So Willie Nelson's birthday is upon us and here in central Texas it's like everyone has lost their fucking minds. Happens every year and now this dude is like 180 years old. And whatever... he's a cool dude, is charity driven, seemingly a good dude all the way around. I even met him once with my dad down in Galveston... was approachable and nice enough.

BUT Holy Mother of Christ.. Willie Nelson has got to be one of the all-time most annoying and horrid singers I've ever heard! I can't change my local radio station and it has now become an all out audio assault of nothing but Willie Nelson songs. His voice just grates ever so methodically and firmly against my musical soul and I feel like my ears are going to eventually implode or that all sound is simply going to turn to white noise or a series of beeps as they haul me away in my spiffy new white jacket.

Fuck, this dude sucks ass. Whether he's ripping off some other shitty song or singing some gospel bullshit about lambs and the lucky little children or him and Paul or weed or whatever... every EVERY fucking song that comes out of his leathery old lips just leaves me hating his voice and his style more and more. He can live... he can die... I genuinely don't care but his 195 years of artistic contribution to this world needs to cease before God himself shits a massive holy turd upon central Texas just to make this nostalgic novelty stop.

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt but it's either here or in "unpopular opinions" and this is where I landed...

So Willie Nelson's birthday is upon us and here in central Texas it's like everyone has lost their fucking minds. Happens every year and now this dude is like 180 years old. And whatever... he's a cool dude, is charity driven, seemingly a good dude all the way around. I even met him once with my dad down in Galveston... was approachable and nice enough.

BUT Holy Mother of Christ.. Willie Nelson has got to be one of the all-time most annoying and horrid singers I've ever heard! I can't change my local radio station and it has now become an all out audio assault of nothing but Willie Nelson songs. His voice just grates ever so methodically and firmly against my musical soul and I feel like my ears are going to eventually implode or that all sound is simply going to turn to white noise or a series of beeps as they haul me away in my spiffy new white jacket.

Fuck, this dude sucks ass. Whether he's ripping off some other shitty song or singing some gospel bullshit about lambs and the lucky little children or him and Paul or weed or whatever... every EVERY fucking song that comes out of his leathery old lips just leaves me hating his voice and his style more and more. He can live... he can die... I genuinely don't care but his 195 years of artistic contribution to this world needs to cease before God himself shits a massive holy turd upon central Texas just to make this nostalgic novelty stop.
Lol c'mon man, a bit dramatic eh?

Is he an annoying old frog now? Sure. But he's an undeniably popular and important American artist. His voice can be grating and leathery, but outlaw country isn't about being the prettiest pony at the rodeo. The cult of personality surrounding him and his ~aesthetic~ are unbearable, for sure. But "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain"? Certified banger.

Just turn off the radio next time one of his tunes comes on, we (central Texans) all know this time of year is coming and will go soon enough too.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Never been a Willie Nelson fan for that exact reason. I can imagine it gets very old very quickly, even though it's the only thing I don't like about his music.

How do you know somebody is from Texas? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Lol c'mon man, a bit dramatic eh?

Is he an annoying old frog now? Sure. But he's an undeniably popular and important American artist. His voice can be grating and leathery, but outlaw country isn't about being the prettiest pony at the rodeo. The cult of personality surrounding him and his ~aesthetic~ are unbearable, for sure. But "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain"? Certified banger.

Just turn off the radio next time one of his tunes comes on, we (central Texans) all know this time of year is coming and will go soon enough too.
Absolutely overly dramatic! I do think that his appeal in many instances is more of a "Texas" thing and that a good deal of his "fans" are really more into the whole novelty/ nostalgia thing. I'm sure there's plenty of people that actually like his music as well... and the music in and of itself isn't the worst I've ever heard, but not my thing and with that nasally vibrato and tired old vocal and guitar style.. it becomes just... too much.

Oh, and I can't reach my radio in the garage so I can't turn it off, down, or change stations atm and I've been out there a lot this weekend... so I'm basically willy'ed the fuck out.
Never been a Willie Nelson fan for that exact reason. I can imagine it gets very old very quickly, even though it's the only thing I don't like about his music.

How do you know somebody is from Texas? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
Yeah... I actually like him as a parson.. even listened intently over the years to some of his ramblings about guitars, his experiences, opinions etc. He's a good dude for sure but I'm quite fed-up with this 24-7 Willie Worship mindset that happens around here every April. And maybe that's part of it... I wasn't born here so maybe I'm just not "Texan" enough to appreciate this musical slaughter.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Y'all haters. Willie's version of Unchained Melody is the best version. I found Stardust on vinyl at the dump and it's one of my favorite LPs. I don't live in Texas though.

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240429_071401_Chrome.jpg
I was cracking up at this image, obviously he's just tuning up backstage, but now my brain really wants to hear someone run a DI of "Eruption" through a clean ass Deluxe Reverb :lol: interested to hear how that'd sound.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
My grandpa on dad's side was SOOOOOO into Willie Nelson. He was a road construction dude in his early years, and helped build i90 across the midwest, so him and his "gang" pretty much sang "On the Road Again" to each other in drunken stupors every time they got together. I therefore had a hate-on for Wille's voice from a very early age, though the man himself seems just fine.

Gramps's funeral was chock-a-block Willie Nelson tunes. Some of us weren't just crying because we missed the old dude.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
View attachment 142797
I was cracking up at this image, obviously he's just tuning up backstage, but now my brain really wants to hear someone run a DI of "Eruption" through a clean ass Deluxe Reverb :lol: interested to hear how that'd sound.
Probably would sound rad. True Widow's guitar tone is absolutely filthy and it's just cranked Fender tube amps with nothing but tape echoes out front.

Latest posts