"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
So you're slower than a 70 year old driving a dog around?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have something to admit.

I had a 95 Ranger with a tonneau cover around 2006.

It came with the truck! I didn't put a sub in it! I've never worn Oakleys or vaped!

Can I be forgiven? 😭😭😭😭

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

It came with the truck! I didn't put a sub in it! I've never worn Oakleys or vaped!

Can I be forgiven? 😭😭😭😭
Compact pickups potentially get a pass.

Did you do any truck stuff with it or was it just cause that's what you could get at the time?

jaxadam

Reaction score

Can I be forgiven? 😭😭😭😭

One of the best trucks I’ve ever been corn killin’ in was an ‘02 or ‘03 ranger. It was a POS and I had to carry around a battery in the bed to jump it every time I started it, but that fucker would cut donuts in the middle of a cornfield like no other.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I have a metal rolling locker cover. But I have dents and scrapes, relicd if you will, soon after I bought it new. Dgaf yolo.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Revisiting this as a refresher, with emphasis:

The tonneau cover is the badge of a person that doesn't need a pickup truck but they have one anyway.

"Need" as in the the thing a pickup truck does that something else doesn't. That would be an open box for oversized material and items.

My father in law has a pickup with a tonneau cover (no that's not where my hate comes from). He admittedly does a lot of odd jobs around the house or on his other properties but prior to the pickup, his main vehicle was a minivan which he used to do all the same stuff and got better MPG, plus arguably more total cubic feet of storage.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a metal rolling locker cover. But I have dents and scrapes, relicd if you will, soon after I bought it new. Dgaf yolo.
Also gets a pass, not just because there's an indication you actually use it but also because it provides some level of security. If someone wants to steal your shit, they'll cut a hole in your pathetic pleather cover.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I had a Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet with a tonneau cover. It was a convertible. I didn’t need it.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm flirting with expanding the exemption to include people that use their truck primarily for towing, but idk because the tent might be getting too big.

And "towing" means trailers with actual stuff, not your fuckin' Sea Doo.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Jfc this thread went off the rails yesterday and I'm just now catching up.

I see your Pit Vipers and Oakley and raise you these bad boys (or boy, singular):
1000009550.jpg

Latest posts