"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I once had a boss at a seasonal gig I was working try to sharpen my pocket knife on the corner of a cinder block. I about fucking stabbed him with it.
This kind of shit is exactly why I have a shitty knife for people to "borrow" that I keep stashed in my car. A lot of people treat shit they don't own nearly as well as they should.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
caught someone fainting and brought them down to the ground to sit slowly as the lights were going out and rendered aid. felt like a fuckin chief afterward in regard to how it went so smoothly instead of the both of us taking a spill into the ground. people are heavy and awkward as hell it turns out. luckily, they're alright - it was just heat exhaustion.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
caught someone fainting and brought them down to the ground to sit slowly as the lights were going out and rendered aid. felt like a fuckin chief afterward in regard to how it went so smoothly instead of the both of us taking a spill into the ground. people are heavy and awkward as hell it turns out. luckily, they're alright - it was just heat exhaustion.
Nicely done. Sometimes you can definitely surprise yourself in those critical moments when you react on instinct and just happen to pull something off smoothly.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Nicely done. Sometimes you can definitely surprise yourself in those critical moments when you react on instinct and just happen to pull something off smoothly.

Absolutely. Through a bunch of emergency events in my life, I found out that I can inexplicably hold it together and be level headed and supportive. When there's no emergency going on, I can be a nightmare when it comes to simple stuff like bugs getting in the house or an awkward situation I have to deal with. My wife is the one who is excellent with the day-to-day annoyances that I can't handle well lol

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I mean...you can sharpen a knife on a car window or a ceramic plate
I actually sharpened a dull-ass knife at my bartending job the other day on the bottom of a plate because I read this exact advice on this exact forum within the last year or two. Impressed quite a few customers as they watched me turn what was basically a shitty hatchet into a finely-tuned citrus-slicing machine.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I think I'm fine with the current level of police training, but I'd be very willing to accept budgetary increases for better dash cams so I can see all these Chargers and Altimas get dumped in 4K. After that we can talk about supercharging a Bearcat or two.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I'm fine with the current level of police training, but I'd be very willing to accept budgetary increases for better dash cams so I can see all these Chargers and Altimas get dumped in 4K. After that we can talk about supercharging a Bearcat or two.

I like a good successful PIT/TVI but I also gotta say the level of got heeeem when they use one of the newer grappler devices is pretty satisfying too.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I like a good successful PIT/TVI but I also gotta say the level of got heeeem when they use one of the newer grappler devices is pretty satisfying too.

I wanna see people barrel roll four times as they fly over the median and then get pulled out of the wreckage with a sponge. This way is too effective and safe for me.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
SSO gets all of my time now. I find far more like minded people here that are knowledgeable AND helpful. And also used prestige.
fuck-fuck-you.gif

:wub:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I actually sharpened a dull-ass knife at my bartending job the other day on the bottom of a plate because I read this exact advice on this exact forum within the last year or two. Impressed quite a few customers as they watched me turn what was basically a shitty hatchet into a finely-tuned citrus-slicing machine.

Ya, I don't know how into cooking you are, but my wife and kids fucking love orange chicken, so I found Made With Lau, that's where I learned that from. Even though I'm not super into Chinese food, it's one of the best cooking channels I've ever seen.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal (or anyone else) do you have any experience or thoughts on MIRC refurbished/vendor returned guitars? They're offering "used-mint" Jackson Ameican Soloists on Reverb from their Franklin Guitar Works division for about $1,250. My limited understanding is they have a contract with Fender (and others) for vendor returns and will make the appropriate repairs where necessary and sell em as used/b stock. Seems like it could be anything from an electronics issue like a cold solder repair all the way up to structural stuff, so I wonder what level of repair occurred for them to list as "mint". They seem to have grades on their stock as I've seen mint, excellent, and very good. Curious about how good their work is.

I'm not big into gambling on gear because I always get burned but it's getting its hook into me becaue it's an outrageous discount, so I wasn't sure if you (or anyone else here) has the lowdown. If there's a "used" stamp, resale takes a huge dive, but if it could be a good deal, it's worth thinking about for me.

Last edited:

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the description they're running with:

We have multiples of this item available, and are selling them individually. The pictures are not necessarily representative of the one you will get, but all are in Used/Mint condition. They will come in their factory box with no factory warranty. Because we have multiples in stock, we cannot provide weights for individual instruments.

Up for sale is a Jackson American Series Soloist - SL3 in a Riviera Blue finish. The electronics have been play-tested and are working as they should. Great looking and playing guitar. May have some light surface scratching, but overall in excellent condition. These will come with a Jackson branded polyfoam case, tremolo arm and adjustment wrenches.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal (or anyone else) do you have any experience or thoughts on MIRC refurbished/vendor returned guitars? They're offering "used-mint" Jackson Ameican Soloists on Reverb from their Franklin Guitar Works division for about $1,250. My limited understanding is they have a contract with Fender (and others) for vendor returns and will make the appropriate repairs where necessary and sell em as used/b stock. Seems like it could be anything from an electronics issue like a cold solder repair all the way up to structural stuff, so I wonder what level of repair occurred for them to list as "mint". They seem to have grades on their stock as I've seen mint, excellent, and very good. Curious about how good their work is.

I'm not big into gambling on gear because I always get burned but it's getting its hook into me becaue it's an outrageous discount, so I wasn't sure if you (or anyone else here) has the lowdown. If there's a "used" stamp, resale takes a huge dive, but if it could be a good deal, it's worth thinking about for me.
No direct experience here, but aren't you at least covered by the normal Reverb return policy? Mint means "Mint items are in essentially new original condition but have been opened or played.", so you have that.

Good question about some kind of b-stock stamp, that could fuck up later resale. I'd shoot them a message.

Edit: just scanned their reviews and they seem pretty good.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's dope. Well done.

I saw a person fainting about 5 years ago and I fucked it up: as I was realizing what was happening the dude just face planted. My brain was about 10 seconds too slow. I still kinda' beat myself up for missing it. (Dude was okay.)

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
That's dope. Well done.

I saw a person fainting about 5 years ago and I fucked it up: as I was realizing what was happening the dude just face planted. My brain was about 10 seconds too slow. I still kinda' beat myself up for missing it. (Dude was okay.)

Yeah it was a weird experience. Said person was in arms reach so I didn't have to do anything extravagant to get a hold of them. It was pure luck honestly. 9 out of 10 times I'm sure I'd botch it, just was fortunate this time.