NPD: Custom Winspear Broadswords

• Thread starter stevexc
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevexc

Reaction score
Okay, I get people don't often make threads for picks, but these are just so damn cool and @Winspear deserves all the attention his company can get (LINKDROP LINKDROP LINKDROP). Pics first:

20170907_164555.jpg

Fancy Winspear packaging with a wax seal and everything!

20170907_164654.jpg

The whole package!

20170907_164910.jpg

Izzy has claimed them as her own.

Basically these picks are Tom's "Amber" material, which is similar to (okay, straight up IS) Ultem/Ultex. I prefer traditionally sized picks so the Broadsword shape is perfect for me. There's a subtle taper to these, 2mm to 1mm, which gives them a very comfortable feel. The engraving gives them an excellent source of grip, too, and it came out perfectly (aside from a few snafus that Tom compensated me for - really a minor issue for a normal customer, and a non-issue between friends).

All in all, a perfect 10/10. Very reasonable cost, done in a reasonable timeframe, and a fantastic end product. I will continue to use Winspear picks as my number one pick supplier - and now that I have a dozen more picks, I'll be using them for quite a while!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
As someone who likes sharp plectrums, these are very enticing. I may have to look into getting some of these.

... and Izzy Kitty ain't no slouch either!

stevexc

Reaction score
Highly worth it, IMO. I don't know if these specific ones are one the site but these ones in the 3mm taper are and feel excellent as well!

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Thanks so much Steve ! :)
These are specifically the Amber Standard Broadsword 2-1mm Taper. These aren't always in stock (hence the Limited tag) and I currently only have immediate stock in 1mm and 1.5mm flat, but 2mm flat and 2-1mm taper show up now and then too :) Anyone can always message me if they want something that isn't listed !
The thicker regular picks with metal badges as linked above are always available :)

Latest posts