NPD: Elysian Pickups Trident I/II Hybrid Bridge

Purelojik

Reaction score
96646497_645895266267184_448904643133571072_n.jpg I'm back!

I've been demoing this pickup out for a few weeks in my personal Buckeye Burl build and I'm finding it difficult to take out and try the other hybrid I had Adam send me too. As the name suggests its a hybrid wind bridge pickup made from a coil of his Trident I and II. I've tried this pickup in the standard position which this demo is recorded, and one from the second position (turn the pickup 180 degrees). They both have a unique sound with two being the most balanced across the strings. Position One/ standard has the most attractive features though. It's incredibly aggressive, saturated yet clear (these are literally all the buzzwords every pickup company has written about their pickups) and I'll say that this lives up to it. I've included a Soundcloud link to the demo and in the demo description there will be another link to the isolated distorted guitars and the DI file. please run it through your rig and see how you like em. I'll be making another demo with the same clip using the other hybrid in my possession.

So I didn't EQ the guitars aside from high and low passes to let the bass and bass drum breathe a bit. And yes its very killswitch engage influenced as they are one of my favorite bands.

Link to the SoundCloud Demo

Link to the Isolated Guitars and DI's

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
Dude what guitar is that and why is there no middle pickup
my ocd
you fuck with it
wtf kinda doctor are you
fucking with my ocd
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:lol:

Sick tone tho!

Also HOLY SHIT your sting saddles are like behind the guitar

Purelojik

Reaction score
Dude what guitar is that and why is there no middle pickup
my ocd
you fuck with it
wtf kinda doctor are you
fucking with my ocd
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:lol:

Sick tone tho!

Also HOLY SHIT your sting saddles are like behind the guitar

haha it’s my personal guitar, built it before getting into hospice and palliative medicine. So far it’s gone through so many pickup swaps and tunings that I don’t know what it’s intonated for. It’s pretty beat up and I’m planning on reshaping the neck a bit. I usually experiment on my own guitars before I make others.