NPD x2 (Delay Content)

• Thread starter Guitarmiester
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Can I haz moar delay?

ja820y.jpg

I've been through more delays in the past couple months than I'd want to admit. Added these two to my board that will definitely be staying. I know these two pedals aren't well known on this forum but well worth the recognition.

The first is an Empress SuperDelay with the limited edition unpainted housing. I am thoroughly impressed with this thing. It is by far the most user-friendly multi-mode delay I've had. There are not any menus to have to scroll through or never ending parameters to assign/tweak/retweak. It's a straight up what you see if what you get delay where each delay mode excels in its own way. The only small nit picking I have is with the preset switching system, which really isn't bad. I'll be keeping a close eye on what Empress has up their sleeve, as Steve said there's potential for a future delay with two different preset switching options.

The second is an Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport. This is a solid delay. My initial reaction was slight disappointment which quickly faded once I started messing with the settings by ear instead of where my eyes thought they should be. The switchable modulation is a huge plus. For a digital delay, the warmth of this pedal would make anyone think it were analog. I had to do a double take on the manual to see if it were digital.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

downburst82

Reaction score
Very nice!!

I have tried both those pedals before and really like them!

The empress super delay is on the short list for my next delay pedal:agreed:

Demiurge

Reaction score
Good to see that I'm not the only one with multiple delays on their pedal board.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Really enjoying these pedals and can finally get back to writing/playing music instead of endlessly tweaking presets.

Steinmetzify - The rabbit hole never seems to end. As for delays, I'm pretty sure it has... with the exception of mayyyybe getting a Belle Epoch.

nostealbucket - EQD makes some great stuff. I've been watching videos on some of their other pedals that have my interest now. They've got some experimental things like the Rainbow Machine that I'm tempted to get. Even the Ghost Echo is on my list since it almost doubles as a reverb.

downburst82 - Do yourself a favor and get the SuperDelay asap. It's one of those pedals I wish I knew about sooner. It's also extremely small compared to other delay units.

Demiurge - I thought I was the only one on here with several delays on my board and was expecting to be burned at the stake. I've actually got 4 delays on my board: EQD Disaster Transport, SuperDelay, TC Flashback and TC Flashback X4. I'm thinking about swapping the regular sized Flashback for the Belle Epoche since I pretty much only use the tape setting on my TC stuff.