NPUD: James Hetfield Signature EMGs (Prepare For Potato Pics)

• Thread starter Oreo-Tan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oreo-Tan

Reaction score
Bit of a story behind actually getting these things in, which was a royal pain:

I started off easily enough, taking the strings off, blocking the floyd, the works. I take the pickup rings off and I immediately notice the things were on BACKWARDS: the thicker one was at the neck, thinner at the bridge. Then I take the rings off of the old EMGs, put in the new ones (which took Lord knows how long, because of the fvcking springs. :wallbash:)

Then I notice two things. One, the pickup tabs are too long. Two, THE PICKUP ROUTES. I didn't take pictures, but it was a Boxing Day (I assumed B stock) Damien Elite 6-FR, and there were bumps that made the things hell to get in since they were slightly larger than normal EMGs. I spent an hour and a bit getting the damn things to fit, and then I managed to get them in.

Now, the good: Oh my god these things sound fantastic. At first my old EQ settings didn't work, but after a bit of tinkering they would very closely resemble the DiMarzio Titans in the fact that they have ALL THE ....ING TIGHT. Holy shit, I can hear my chords for once! :lol: And now a few potato pictures of the things in their new home.

b727a5c200.jpg

7a02d275f7.jpg

be0167fdda.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ToneLab

Bedroom Playa
Reaction score
I like the het set, the 57/66 and the 81s. All great. Favorite depends on the day. The 57 kicked ass today.

Carcaridon

Reaction score
Reviving this. I really like this set. I liked them so much I bought another set for a guitar I'm hoping to find soon. This is coming from a lifelong duncan/passive pickup guy.

TremontiFan16

Tyler Russell
Reaction score
Congrats man!Looks awesome.Had a hard time deciding between this set or the 57 66...Maybe I'll throw a het set into my dk2m
57 66 should be here tomorrow.