NRIGD - Custom stuff, Fryette stuff, Fortin stuff

• Thread starter kylendm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
I've been waiting to post this but a couple of things kinda set me back.
I have a new custom/combo 2x12/rack cab from Mauler Cabs that is absolutely insane. Unfortunately the rack rails came installed the wrong way so I had to flip them to make the actual mounting possible. I wanted to wait until I filled/covered the holes with something but fuck it haha.
It's kind of my bad as I told him how I wanted it but it's not that big a deal. Maybe seal the holes and redye them? Cover them up with another piece of wood?

I also have a Fryette 2/50/2. Jesus this thing thumps. It's easily the best power amp I've ever owned, albeit a bit heavy, but just monster clarity and low end. It really adds to the whole Randall modular setup and bringing more life to what the modules actually mimic.

The speakers I'm using are the Celestion Century Vintages which sound great and are very similar to Vintage 30s actually. I wanted a neo speaker to kind of cut back on weight. The cab itself is 75lbs plus 33 from the power amp and another 25 from the preamp so I'm already looking at a 130lb setup. Any extra I can take off I'm willing to at this point. :lol:

I also got the Fortin 33. It rips, nuff said.

Still kinda messing with the idea of getting a Matrix for this setup. I've always been skeptical about SS power amps but I've heard good things. Thoughts?

Mauler.jpg

Clips tomorrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PBGas

Reaction score
Nicely done! Looks great! I just put a Century Vintage in my Mark V 35 combo and it is such a great improvement in there as well as a lighter weight. super happy!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Very nice! Those clips are pretty cool too, really awesome attack. Is that with the 33?

Good choice on poweramp, I just recently got a 2/50/2 to power my axe fx and it's amazing.

Any plans for any more modules? I've always been intrigued by the system, but I never had the chance to try one, and the cost of entry is high to just try it out. I guess with Synergy coming out soon (maybe), there will be even more choice on the market.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
Very nice! Those clips are pretty cool too, really awesome attack. Is that with the 33?

Good choice on poweramp, I just recently got a 2/50/2 to power my axe fx and it's amazing.

Any plans for any more modules? I've always been intrigued by the system, but I never had the chance to try one, and the cost of entry is high to just try it out. I guess with Synergy coming out soon (maybe), there will be even more choice on the market.
That's actually the precision drive in the clip. I planned on recording some stuff with the 33 today though.
Also I've been in the module world for 10 years or so now. It's a great system to get into even if you just start with stock modules. I have a salvation baseman on the way which is a bassman kinda thing. I'll report back in when I get it!
Thanks guys

BrianC85

Reaction score
From a woodworkers perspective. I would recommend covering the holes with a piece of trim. Whether that be stained the same color as the rest of the cab or painted black would actually be the easiest.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Looks great! You sure you don't want to swap in some evm-12l's :lol:

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
From a woodworkers perspective. I would recommend covering the holes with a piece of trim. Whether that be stained the same color as the rest of the cab or painted black would actually be the easiest.
Yeah that's not a bad idea. Still debating on what to do.
Looks great! You sure you don't want to swap in some evm-12l's :lol:
Yeah I'm sure lol. Don't need another 50lbs

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I really wanna get an RM4/RT2-50 rig next year. I have to haul around a big rack regardless. That AND an RM100 is rediculous. Kind of miss the days of throwing my rack on a cab and plugging in just power, speaker cable and cat5 to my Control 2. The Angel E and SL+ are serving me well. I really want a 5150 module though.

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
I really wanna get an RM4/RT2-50 rig next year. I have to haul around a big rack regardless. That AND an RM100 is rediculous. Kind of miss the days of throwing my rack on a cab and plugging in just power, speaker cable and cat5 to my Control 2. The Angel E and SL+ are serving me well. I really want a 5150 module though.
I really wanna try the Angel. Looks so cool.