Offering Private Guitar Lessons (Jazz-Metal), both Online and on Long Island!

• Thread starter Marc In Exile
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

I'm one of the guitarists in the band PAINTED IN EXILE (PAINTED IN EXILE (NEW LAYOUT AND VIDEO) | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos) and I'm currently offering private guitar lessons, both online (webcam) AND in-person (Long Island only please)! I would only be able to teach on Long Island until school starts again in late-August, but I may be able to continue the Online lessons into the school year if all goes well.

STYLES: Anything from Jazz to Metal

LEVELS: Beginner to Advanced

I've been playing very seriously for 13 years and I'm currently pursuing my Bachelor's Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance in The Conservatory of Music at SUNY Purchase College in New York. I'm also very open to any and all styles of playing. PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO INQUIRE IF YOU'RE INTERESTED! (Messaging me on Facebook or emailing me at paintedinexile@hotmail.com would be the easiest way to contact me). ALSO, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED!

Looking forward to hopefully hearing from some of you!

Thanks,

- Marc / Painted In Exile

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marc In Exile

Reaction score
I know this seems like a long shot, but I just want to update this and reiterate that I'm still looking to teach FULL-TIME.

I usually do a 1-Hour Skype lesson for $40, and we can work at all levels or in any styles from Jazz to Metal. We can even work on Painted In Exile material. I'm currently completing my Bachelor's Degree in Jazz Guitar Performance at The Conservatory of Music at SUNY Purchase College in NY, where I'm fortunate enough to study directly with such masters as John Abercrombie, John Riley, and Hal Galper.

If you're interested in a different lesson length/price, feel free to contact me at marclambert.pie@gmail.com.

Here are a few recent videos that I've done (not to say "look what I can do", but more like "hopefully there's something that I have to offer you or your musicianship, and I'd love to help you avoid some of the same mistakes that I've made over the years").

Please excuse my no0bishness...for some reason, I'm not supposed to figure out how to embed YouTube videos into a forum post...

Born Of Osiris - "Follow The Signs" (Solo Cover by Marc Lambert of Painted In Exile) - YouTube

Marc Lambert & Kevin Theodore - "Isn't She Lovely" (Stevie Wonder) Live - YouTube

Fit For An Autopsy - The Locust (Feat. Marc Lambert) - YouTube

Licea Guitars-NY Guitar Expo 2012 - YouTube
^ I'm playing at 7:04 in this one

Marc Lambert of Painted in Exile - YouTube
^ With this one, we can work on how to play wrong notes the first time you play over something (just kidding, there ARE NO wrong notes....but that's something that we can talk about in the lessons!)

And for all of the Facebookers (hope this works) - MARC-INATION FOR MARC | Facebook

Anyway, if you're interested or have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly at marclambert.pie@gmail.com. Serious inquiries only please!

Thanks for reading and watching.

Looking forward to hopefully getting to work together!

- Marc