Officer Mohamed Noor fatal shooting of Justine Damond

• Thread starter Mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adieu

Reaction score
Presumably is appropriate, because it might actually mean "protect and serve.....(the law)"

Uhm yeah, that doesn't really work out

They'd have to spend their days executing judges, members of congress, and the occasional chief executive if they actually wanted to protect The Law

or members of the voting public, but only in crazy referendum states like California.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
https://abc17news.com/news/national...p-mohamed-noors-3rd-degree-murder-conviction/

So... Noor's 3rd degree murder conviction was overturned. He may face 2nd degree manslaughter instead.

For clarity's sake:

Third Degree Murder in MN is defined as: "a person causing the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and without regard for human life, but without intent to cause the death of any person"

Noor has refused to speak about the incident. He never spoke with IA investigators, he didn't speak to the press, and, at his trial, he did not speak about the incident itself at all. He's made no elocution, and never apologized to the family for taking the woman's life.

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Fwiw, the article says he did apologize to the victim's family.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Fwiw, the article says he did apologize to the victim's family.
I stand corrected.
Mohammed Noor said:
I have lived with this, and I’ll continue to live with this. I caused this tragedy, and it is my burden.
I wish though that I could relieve that burden others feel from the loss that I caused. I cannot and that
is a troubling reality for me. I will think about Miss Ruszczyk and her family forever. The only thing I
can do is try to live my life in a good way going forward. Regardless of the sentence in this case I owe
that to Miss Ruszczyk and her family.

The moment I pulled the trigger I felt fear. When I walked around, I saw Miss Ruszczyk dying on the
ground, I felt horror. Seeing her there, I knew in an instant that I was wrong. The depth of my error
has only increased from that moment on. Working to save her life and watching her slip away is a feeling
I can’t explain. I can say it leave me sad, it leaves me numb, and a feeling of incredibly lonely. But
none of that, none of those words, capture what it truly feels like.

It shouldn’t matter, but Miss Ruszczyk was a fine person. Her fiance and her family are also such fine
people. And I feel worse because of them. These are the people I worked to serve, and I harmed them in
the worst way possible. Again I apologize.

The Quran explains that with hardship if you’re steadfast and have patience, it will come ease. I have
to endure the punishment from the court and the punishment from within myself. I shot because I was
protecting my partner Matthew Harrity’s life. I realized after I was wrong. That mistake is my hardship
to bear. The loss I created is hardship for others to bear. I can’t apologize enough and I will never
be able to make up the loss that I caused to Miss Ruszczyk’s family.

Judge, I don’t want to lose my family. I don’t want to be absent from my son’s life. Regardless of what
I want, regardless of what I fear, I have to accept that I caused this and I have to live with it for
the rest of my life. Thank you.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I always wondered how it worked with non-white cops. Do they get the same protections from police unions as white cops?