Oh Hi there

• Thread starter Aynirar27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aynirar27

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been a long time Gear Page member that has recently been seriously considering getting a 7 (or 8?) string guitar. Figured this was the place to absorb a bunch of information on them.

Thanks in advance for all the help I get along the way

A27

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been a long time Gear Page member that has recently been seriously considering getting a 7 (or 8?) string guitar. Figured this was the place to absorb a bunch of information on them.

Thanks in advance for all the help I get along the way

A27
:wavey: Welcome!

What kind of six strings do you like to play? What style of music? Probably either way, this forum will recommend a used Ibanez Prestige. :lol:

Aynirar27

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
:wavey: Welcome!

What kind of six strings do you like to play? What style of music? Probably either way, this forum will recommend a used Ibanez Prestige. :lol:

I'm all over the place with 6 strings. I'd say my main guitar is my trusty SG standard.

However I played an Ibanez Jem for most of my life and unfortunately had to sell it years back. I occasionally get the urge to buy another one which led me to look at the 7 string universe models as well to scratch 2 itches at once.

While I'm not going to drop that much coin on my first 7 string, it's very possible my first one will be an Ibanez haha. My only requirement so far is that I would like to have something with a floyd rose again. I was actually surprised by how few 7 string models come with one.

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm all over the place with 6 strings. I'd say my main guitar is my trusty SG standard.

However I played an Ibanez Jem for most of my life and unfortunately had to sell it years back. I occasionally get the urge to buy another one which led me to look at the 7 string universe models as well to scratch 2 itches at once.

While I'm not going to drop that much coin on my first 7 string, it's very possible my first one will be an Ibanez haha. My only requirement so far is that I would like to have something with a floyd rose again. I was actually surprised by how few 7 string models come with one.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, may you find wisdom in the words that fly by in this forum.

Regarding your quest, Universes are all over the place in prices and specs. The closest you'l get to a Jem in a 7 string format is the Jem 7V7, which was a limited model from about 10 years ago and is being sold beyond reasonable prices...

I'd bet in a 1997-2001 Universe, the UV777P. They are super common not to be overly expensive and when well setup are great guitars to play with. I managed to get one locally for a fair price tag with it not being wrecked and I've made a few mods to it that elevated it to a whole new level of awesomeness. I personally would go to the one loaded with the LoPro Edge trem and then to the later ones with the Edge Pro trem. There's also the Green dot reissue at a more convenient price for a new guitar...