"Oh it's quite purple..." NGD - Insert djent joke here...

• Thread starter Tom 1.0
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
16rmbm_zps52e0ej97.jpg

Seems I'm on the pulse for the first time ever! I think the first proper NGD on here for this guitar..

DSC_0014_zpsspvkn7or.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsfn5b8gxk.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsxryhed5a.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsdmjatuwm.jpg

DSC_0011_zps2er9itp8.jpg

Satin neck:

DSC_0009_zpsaewzags7.jpg

Well... I'm not usually one for getting 'brand new' guitars. However this one got my attention as it's basically a full blown metal guitar that doesn't look like an overly metal guitar.

Honest disclosure, I'm a big Periphery fan but that wasn't why I got this.

The spec is what swung me, a modern hard tail, 25.5 scale with a flat ebony board and some very hot pickups did that. The purple was just extra...

Overall for £799 it's spot on. It isn't as nice as a proper PRS but it has no right to be and I certainly didn't expect that. It is however a very nice, well weighted competent feeling instrument.

The fret finishing is consistent and comfortable. Solid intonation across the whole board. Setup out of the box was just about perfect (low but no buzz) and it's a very, very comfortable neck shape. Almost like if ESP did a thin D shape. The 20" radius took no time to accustom to and makes big bends easier for me.

The sound isn't something I can really go on about as I am currently only packing a HT1 so can't comment too much other than it sounds great, more articulate and 'heavier' than my LP packed with PRS pickups. Unplugged it's clear, bright and loud. So I'm hoping paired with a proper amp it will slay.

The thing most seemed excited about is the satin neck finish. It's nice, smooth and is similar in feel, almost but not quite, to an unfinished neck. The paint doesn't feel like it will ever gloss up either which is good.

The finish is also a nice bit of attentive detail as shown below.

DSC_0009_zpsaewzags7.jpg

DSC_0011_zpskhqwflxg.jpg

It's tapered with the headstock and heel. A nice touch.

The burat itself is nice, the veneer is pretty enough. But the faded burst is brilliant in person, a subtle purple at the base brightening towards the neck and cutouts. I really like this look and makes it a nice mature looking instrument and doesn't immediately scream Br0otZ guitar.

For the money, this is a killer deal with some very unique features.

Does it Djent though? I don't know.

Probably does though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rawkmann

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I noticed that too playing mine, I was overbending like crazy lol. That 20" radius does take a little getting used to.

rampant

Reaction score
I do like the look of this and I'm normally pretty "meh" on the SE series. The satin neck is a super nice touch.

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
These look amazing. I am about 2 or 3 NGD threads away from getting one for myself.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
man I would totally grab one of these if the scale length was a little longer. HNGD

theicon2125

Reaction score
Happy NGD! I can't wait until mine gets here. I'm still not sure why it's going to take 3 weeks for Sweetwater to get them in but oh well. Hopefully I get a nice top like that.

blanco

Reaction score
Congrats. I tried one in Guitar Guitar the other day and it really played well. Necks are awesome and the pickups are great. Considering the pickups are around £300 alone its a whole lot of guitar for its money.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
What's the thickness of the neck at the 1st and 12th fret if you can check? Thanks man! Gorgeous guitar.

Cnev

Reaction score
I'd seriously buy one of those right this instant for the specs alone if there was a left-handed model. Oh well. HNGD.

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score
How are the cleans

Honestly, I think it's my amp but they are 'ok' so on something (anything) better than my HT1 I'd say they should be great.

Unplugged it's clear and resonant so no reason with the quality pickups it wouldn't translate to a solid clean tone.