Ok lets try this again

• Thread starter Aberak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aberak

I is Smart
Reaction score
Ok so I will be joining the ENGL(Invader) crowd later this year:hbang:, until then i need a new half stack to hold me off:scratch:, I've been looking at the Peavey XXX head what do y'all think about that. I was playing on one yesterday and really dug it. Also as far as cabs what do you think i should go with, I was thinking about ordering a Vader.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

turmoil

l0rd of teh shr3d
Contributor
Reaction score
i've heard a lot of great things about the JSX; definitely look into that if you want to go Peavey.

as far as cabs, is this a cab you plan on keeping forever, or even to use with the Invader? Depends what you want...Orange, Mesa, Engl, Vader. all great cabs.

Aberak

I is Smart
Reaction score
If I get the Vader i will use with the Invader, they're great cabs,but the wait is crazy because they're getting so popular.

AMS-Ryans

At your service!
Reaction score
If you are looking at Peavey, I have heard good things about the Valve King.

If you are looking for something just to hold you over, you can always go with the Hartkey Piggyback Mini This has four 8 inch speakers in it, but it will still pack a punch.

Let me know if you have any questions!

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
what about the 5150?

or do you need cleans?

as for cabs, Orange cabs are the best i've heard. They sound heavenly with ENGLs

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
jsx. KT77's and a boost = :D

Reaction score
As usual..I was awakened from my satanic slumber with the name of the Almighty JSX was invoked. I owned a triple XXX, not bad at all, but the JSX blows it out of the water once you finally "get it". I ended up selling my XXX and using the money to go towards getting a new set of KT77's, an FJA mod, and a Vader cab. You may even find you don't want the Engl afterwards. That's right Engl Bitches I said it *breaks beer bottle over table* wanna fight about it?

Aberak

I is Smart
Reaction score
You know I've played on a JSX and to be honest i didn't think it had the punch i was looking for, maybe i need to sit down and really dial that bitch in and see what it can do.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I far preferred the JSX to the Triple XXX. I still prefer the 6505+ to either, though...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
mike, apparently you can set up the JSX to sound dangerously close to a 5150.

aberak, didnt have the punch you were looking for?

EQ at 6, gain at 4, resonance and presence at 6.5, FX loop dimed and on, channel and master as high as you can get away with. USE A GOOD CAB. boost with the best pedal you can find!

still lacking punch? :evil:

Aberak

I is Smart
Reaction score
I actually went back to my local music store today and played it again. I sat and messed with it for about an hour with several cabs and the settings changed up and i did get a really screaming lead sound:shred:, a pounding rhythm:hbang:, and an amazing clean tone:yesway:. It is a very bad-ass amp, I guess I didn't mess with it enough last time.:shrug:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
they're great, love mine.