Old school music.

• Thread starter rasav
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rasav

Reaction score
I found a Lute!!! ( 8 courses=15 strings on one instrument!)

I was looking for a 10 string guitar just to play around with but then this thing popped up for 200 ish. On the same day my tax check arrived. I figure it was a sign from above.

Any suggestions on alternate scale fret calculators? I figure that with a cheap instrument, tied on frets and a set of calipers I can get Really experimental...

Attachments

• LUTFB-2.jpg
    LUTFB-2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 61

shupe13

Reaction score
I saw one of those in the "Safety Dance" video back in the day. I think a little person was thrashing with it? MEN WITHOUT HATS!:hbang:

I had to look that up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rasav

Reaction score
Tune,Tune,Tune strum... Tune,tune,tune strum... Let there be no doubt. Friction tuning pegs suck!!! Having an 8 course instruments for the same price as a beater 6 is cool.

New project... decapitating my lute and getting a decent (Geared tuner) head stock put in it's place.

D

Desecrated

Wow.

I think you can buy lute tuning heads and just upgrade your lute.

Is the nut plastic or graphite ?

rasav

Reaction score
The nut is wood! This puppy is a Hard core period instrument! But OMG the sounds it makes for the three minutes before I have to tune it again.