Terrible albums with really good guitar tones.

• Thread starter TheInvisibleHand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I keep thinking of albums :lol:

Puddle of Mudd, at least on Come Clean, had that standard Recto sound but damn it was a good sound. Shame the band blows.
Damageplan's New Found Power. Dime's best guitar tone besides Power Metal.
Methods of Mayhem. Legit some of the worst nu metal ever but that guitar tone crushes.
Fozzy sucks most of the time but hey Rich Ward still knows how to dial in an amp.

Holy fuck was methods of mayhem bad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Holy fuck was methods of mayhem bad.
I found out the album was produced by Scott Humphery which says a lot. He also produced Hellbilly Deluxe, another album that has great tone. That was a Triple Recto and VH4, so I guess MoM was the same unless they actually used the Randall amps they advertised

nightsprinter

Reaction score
I found out the album was produced by Scott Humphery which says a lot. He also produced Hellbilly Deluxe, another album that has great tone. That was a Triple Recto and VH4, so I guess MoM was the same unless they actually used the Randall amps they advertised

Ha! This thread made me turn on Hellbilly Deluxe yesterday for the first time in probably 15 years. It does sound great to this day.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
"Terrible" is a little strong but compared to their s/t and in the context of what a greedy POS the singer turned out to be, this album qualifies. Still has a lot of that Kevin Cadogan magic.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Ha! This thread made me turn on Hellbilly Deluxe yesterday for the first time in probably 15 years. It does sound great to this day.

Hellbilly Deluxe kicks ass in general, I won't have any diss that shit

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
So you're saying just because I like the death metal band Christian Sewer Abortion I have awful taste? *gasps and clutches pearls*
No, I'm not saying that's why, but it is an illustrative example. I'm not sure the good Lord themself could explain why.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
This album was such a drop off from the ersatz 5th Element/b-movie scifi style of their first record but this song is a guilty pleasure and I love how beefy the rhythm guitar sounds in the chorus

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't say it sucked, just that the production was great :lol: I only brought it up because of the producer

For sure, I just wanted to get it in there in case anyone saw it in here and thought it might meet the criteria for that side

nightsprinter

Reaction score
TIL Rob Zombie and the Power man 5k singer are literally brothers?

When "Tonight The Stars Revolt" came out, it would get talked about a lot in the media and is actually the reason I went ahead and bought the CD @ Ames being a big White Zombie fan as I was. When Worlds Collide was a pretty dope single at the time now that I think about it. Chorus reminded me of Static X-Lite.