Omen elite 7

Ebon.Sleeps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Been thincking of changing it up n give Sechture a go from ibanez, anyone had any experiment with the omen elite 7 or advice ? Thanks !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had a couple of Schecters. The quality on their builds at sub 700 is really good. Better than Ibanez IMO. Just be ready for the Omen Elite to have a much thicker neck than Ibanez though. It has the thin C vs the Ultra Thin C which on a 7 string for some might be thicker than they are use to or like. Pick ups in the guitar are a bit dull, but easy swap.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
I had one of these as my starter 7.

For the money at the time it was pretty good, although the neck is quite chunky.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I got the 6 and I really dig it. I really dig the 5-way switching they got going on for the added split middle and parallel neck pickup. Debating on getting the 7-string so I can tune it down to A Standard.

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Schecter's 6's are 25.5" scale but their 7's are 26.5". Depending on the size of your hands and personal preference, that can be a big difference. I had a 7 string Blackjack that was an awesome quality instrument but the 26.5" scale just wasn't as comfortable to me as a 25.5".

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I had a 8 string model with a floyd MiK. It was well made, but in the end the neck profile and body shape I found uncomfortable and unloaded it. I recommend going to a guitar store and trying out the neck profiles that Schecter offers and see if you like it.
ojunuq2l4ggjhjigrb3v.jpg