One band or artist never existed. How is the timeline altered?

• Thread starter works0fheart
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
No Anthrax, No slayer, Testament and exodus are part of the Big4.

For Mboogie7, I bring Concerto from Friedman and Becker/cacophony. And tell them to hear what classical music really is ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but somewhat on topic - let’s say you were able to travel back in time with your guitar to say.. early 1900’s. What would you play for people and what do you think their reactions would be?

I'd play Cowboys From Hell.

Then a young separatist murders me 14 years later while singing "Revolution is my name". World War I begins...

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
No Dog Eat Dog, No Guns (No Tricks, No Soapbox Politics etc)

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
also no Buckcherry, I think we can call that one a net gain

No Black flag, no DIY hardcore punk, no my war side two no Melvins and sludge metal.

A world without the Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a serious improvement in all areas of society, much how the ban on leaded gas for automotive use resulted in a sharp reduction in crime and a more prosperous America. Their post-Mother's Milk material is tantamount to aural lobotomy.

...I'm only half-kidding.

No At The Gates, no riffs for metalcore bands to steal

No Taylor Swift, no existence of modern-day cults, and the world becomes a more harmonious place.

No Anthrax, No slayer, Testament and exodus are part of the Big4.

For Mboogie7, I bring Concerto from Friedman and Becker/cacophony. And tell them to hear what classical music really is ;)

I'm now realizing that a majority of the time it would be significantly more beneficial if most bands didn't exist.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
That band will started suffering from the Slipknot effect where no one can stick around in the lineup for long under Leo Faulker and for the rate of pay that they are allocated despite the band’s immense level of fame. Once they stop being a currently trending act in the limelight, the band will have maybe two years left before they fizzle out.

Damn, I've been trying to avoid looking into who any of them were- I had no idea this was Leo's project; that's insane! I remember seeing his AAL piano covers on YouTube well over a decade ago with like a couple hundred views. I guess that explains why he scrubbed everything off of YouTube.
Huh, the more you know. What a blast from the past. Always knew that dude was gunna do great.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No Taylor Swift, no existence of modern-day cults, and the world becomes a more harmonious place.

Certain personality types are preloaded with firmware that makes cultish sycophant behavior come naturally. It’s been going on in pop music since before T-Swizzle’s parents were born.