One of our Plants is on FIRE!

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup!

I work for a Hazardous material treatment and disposal company. EQ (Environmental Quality) Company. Anyways, not MY plant, but another plant, EQRR (Resource Recovery), blew the fuck up tonight. I'm watching it right now on TV, it's been burning for hours now... and it's not going to stop either. From what I know about it, EQRR recycles oils and solvents, especially de-icing fluid from Metro Detroit's airport. These chemicals aren't going to be put out by any firehose. It's going to burn all night and into tomorrow.

So much for CIP bonuses this year. LOL

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, man. I hope it wasn't as bad as the Chernobyl incident in Russia in the 80's which still to this day is contaminated from all the uraniam and plutonium.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
Yup!

I work for a Hazardous material treatment and disposal company. EQ (Environmental Quality) Company. Anyways, not MY plant, but another plant, EQRR (Resource Recovery), blew the fuck up tonight. I'm watching it right now on TV, it's been burning for hours now... and it's not going to stop either. From what I know about it, EQRR recycles oils and solvents, especially de-icing fluid from Metro Detroit's airport. These chemicals aren't going to be put out by any firehose. It's going to burn all night and into tomorrow.

So much for CIP bonuses this year. LOL

Wow, you don't think your cancer problems were related to working there do you?

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
oh cool, you work there?

i saw this on the news the other night :)

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
On a bus ride home from college one bomfire night, some thugs set a house on fire on the route my bus goes, and the whole thing was alight, flames two stories high (this was a one story building) and we were getting sun tans through the bus windows, imagen what that's like!

On a funnier note, some guys wife stayed, but he ran! wtf?

Digital Black

Reaction score
Reminds me of the fun I had when the nearby magneisum plant caught fire in a rainstorm. ( water makes magneisum burn)...

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Christopher said:
Wow, you don't think your cancer problems were related to working there do you?

No, and I'll tell you why. A) I noticed a small lump on the testicle before working there, and B) there's people working there who've been there for years, I was only there not even a year when I had the tumor removed.

And Shawn, none of the shit is radioactive. Just 'hazardous' chemicals. Should be fine really. Mostly Acetone and similar solvents from what I've heard. I'll find out more tomorrow when I go back to work (I went to Gigantour today).

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Regor said:
No, and I'll tell you why. A) I noticed a small lump on the testicle before working there, and B) there's people working there who've been there for years, I was only there not even a year when I had the tumor removed.

And Shawn, none of the shit is radioactive. Just 'hazardous' chemicals. Should be fine really. Mostly Acetone and similar solvents from what I've heard. I'll find out more tomorrow when I go back to work (I went to Gigantour today).
That's a relief. Glad you had fun at Gigantour. :yesway:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i don't think radioactive materials are stored above ground, for the most part.

acetone is the main active ingredient in nail polish remover, i believe :)

oh! and i just spoke with a friend of mine... she had to be evacuated from her home because she lives just 5 miles down the street from the plant. crazy :p

Latest posts