Oni Guitars

• Thread starter dpm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah, good stuff coming up. I'm concentrating on the e-scale 7 and 8 strings, getting the processes involved as refined as I can. Not sure what happens after that. Thinking more conventional 6 and 7 strings, but I don't have the details worked out, there's no time frame, it all just depends on what the right direction seems to be in 12 months or more. True custom guitar making makes no business sense at all, the only viable approach I can see is to work on efficiency and accuracy with a limited set of variables.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The 'production' thing isn't really production, more a move towards building set designs for stock and limiting the materials to what I know works with these designs and is readily available (preferably woods I have in stock already). Eventually the website will be back up, but much of what I've been working on until recently isn't relevant to the future plans. Facebook occasionally gets a pic or two but really I need to be in the workshop and not messing about online. I'm happy right now to finish off the old stuff and move forward at a steady and sustainable pace letting it grow organically.

Well, thanks :) To be brutally honest this approach is for my own good. I don't have the energy anymore to be up late checking on forums, nor the inclination. I need all my communication in one place and I need to simplify my approach so that I can keep track of things properly. These guitars are complicated enough as it is. I've made mistakes, taken on jobs that were interesting but too complicated and time consuming, and generally not allowed for the pitfalls of real life, all of which have screwed people around. Main thing now is to put those lessons into practice.

Dan, you're a builder after my own heart. :wub: Best wishes with the future endeavors, sounds to me like you're headed in the direction most builders should be going! I actually just posted something similar to this in another thread in this section, glad I'm not the only one who made this connection. :lol: Look forward to seeing what you put out with the production route, would love to grab another Oni from you! :D

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Great skills and a business since, is he human?

Thanks for the update Dan.

B C

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size wrench that is needed to adjust the truss rod on my oni?
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...verdue-oni-8-string-review-pic-intensive.html
1d053e546235.jpg

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Same here bro. Dan and I worked out the standard inlay for them a while back, more like I picked one out of three... and congrats.

Shredcow

Mangled Beef
Reaction score
Thought to share more pictures of Dan's stellar work on the fully scalloped fretboard of my Oni.

And if anyone is wondering, the neck pickup is a humbucker-sized single coil.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Those are so beautiful. Mine is done with paint as well. Should be finished right after these

Apatheosis

Reaction score
Just got one of these incredible guitars, the best 8 I've ever played by quite a margin. I'll definitely be putting in a custom order with Dan in future. I'm totally converted.