Oni Guitars

• Thread starter dpm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh you'll get every angle! I kinda wanna shoot a little video going over the specs like what I did with my Carvin DC727 way back when, but I feel too old for that :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Had the strings off today, so here is a pic of one of Dans nuts...
View attachment 14188214-68
I love Dan's nuts. I've discussed them with him quite a bit. His nuts are super hard and durable and made out of cool materials. I love the shape of his nuts.

You're running 14-68 gauges? Curious if you asked Dan to set it up like that for you, or if you had to do anything to the nut to run such a thick gauge.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
I love Dan's nuts. I've discussed them with him quite a bit. His nuts are super hard and durable and made out of cool materials. I love the shape of his nuts.

You're running 14-68 gauges? Curious if you asked Dan to set it up like that for you, or if you had to do anything to the nut to run such a thick gauge.

I did ask him for that, and he replied back asking me if I was sure lol. Strings sit well, nut feels great!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I did ask him for that, and he replied back asking me if I was sure lol. Strings sit well, nut feels great!
Nice! Tbh I would have asked also haha don't see those gauges super often unless you're a jazz guitarist or are tuning stupid low.

Is yours an Essi or an A-Type? I don't remember if I've seen your guitar.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Nice! Tbh I would have asked also haha don't see those gauges super often unless you're a jazz guitarist or are tuning stupid low.

Is yours an Essi or an A-Type? I don't remember if I've seen your guitar.

Essi from last year.
I've been thinking about a NGD but I'm still not sure how I feel... I only have good things to say, but I'm not sure I have the right words and comparisons yet.
I am in Drop G# :shred: !

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Essi from last year.
I've been thinking about a NGD but I'm still not sure how I feel... I only have good things to say, but I'm not sure I have the right words and comparisons yet.
I am in Drop G# :shred: !
Dang, forgot to answer to this. That's cool! A picture would be nice :p I don't think I've seen yours yet!

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Ooohhh this lovely thing! I have seen it, love that one piece top. Woods with that much figuring that have colors as nice as redwood does I usually prefer natural, but that burst is super tasteful! What's the fretboard?

Yea Dan was going for a Huber kind of look to bring redwood colors in line, and I was going for a 1 piece kind of look which I believe is less pieces than 2 pieces. It's a great combo!
FB is Richlite.

Latest posts