Orange Dual Dark 50 || Channel B || Metal Demo

SilentMelodiesStudio

Reaction score
Hello people, after a long time I decided to publish the newest demo video of my Orange Dual Dark 50 amplifier running into a Two Notes Torpedo Reload and VB101. I used the Orange PPC412 closed back cab from the Orange Official Cabinet Pack from Two Notes. Hope you like and enjoy it. Greetings and see and hear you soon!

#SilentMelodiesStudio

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeftOurEyes

Reaction score
You did a pretty good job of capturing the actual sound of the amp. Most of the youtube vids for this amp do not quite represent what this amp sounds like in person.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
I want one of these. Orange amps have this thickness in the mids that nothing else seems to match

Descent

Reaction score
Does this amp have mids? I am not hearing any :)

Hold onto that amp my friend. Orange discontinued them.
Seriously? Hopefully they'll redesign it, although can't think of anything that needed an improvement.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I doubt they will. It’s a bummer because with all the money Orange has they couldn’t afford to make one good demo of it. I honestly feel the lack of good demos lead to its demise. Like, Jesus Christ would it kill them to invite one of their MODERN metal artists on for a demo and let them drive?

I’ve said it before, the Dual Dark sounds fucking amazing in person. Like Orange’s take on a SLO. But, it’s almost like they INTENTIONALLY chose not to capture that in their demos. Frustrating

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
oh man yeah that works doesn't it:D

I would have loved to get one of those. They were too expensive so they didn't sell all that well and now that they have the Rockerverb3 they thought they no longer needed this model :(

I want them to make a new rocker15 dark - 2 channel with the bedroom/headroom switch and an effects loop. I asked Alex Auxier about it after I won a Hinds Terror (He's the Orange Social media / artist relations Guy) and he said they considered doing something like that but it never went anywhere...I really wish they would reconsider!!

Bearitone

Reaction score
That would be cool ^^^
I’m all for the expansion of the dark series.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Discontinued? Damnnnn.
I got the chance to play the 50 watt model (borrowed from a guitarist in a local band on the lineup while touring) and it was incredible.
I don't want to trash talk the OP, but it shouldn't sound this fizzy nor scooped in the mids. I honestly don't think the mic position nor your settings are really doing it justice at all. There are points where the guitar is getting swallowed up by the drums because the lack of mids and the fizzy are making it blend into the cymbals somewhat
When I was on stage playing this thing, the mids were absolutely roaring from both the cabinet and on stage wedges. Then watching the band of which I had borrowed the amp from, again it sounded amazing through the FOH mains with barely any fizz and sounded amazingly tight (admittedly the guy had clean technique which no doubt helps), contrary to what one would expect when they think of the stereotypical Orange sound.
Again, no hate, but I'd love to hear this again with some different IR files/cabs that bring out more of the mid-rich qualities of the amp. I think a Mesa Boogie Recto V30 cab would go well, since Mesa V30s are smoother than the Orange cabs

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Excellent demo! Love the tone and song. That amp is the best one Orange made, IMO. I love the little Dark Terror and Jim Root models, but they suffer from the smallness of the EL84 tubes. Still badass especially through a big cab. But the 50/100 watt brothers are monsters. Definitely hang onto that one!