NGD: Insane kiesel Build Acid Green

• Thread starter Najka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Can't stop myself from coming back and looking at it :wub:. These are the type of builds I have in mind when comparing a modern price tag of something like a Gibson LP Standard (roughly $2800 ATM). I have no idea what the OP paid for this, but I'm sure it's prob somewhere around that price tag and it blows away or competes with anything at or above it's price level. :2c:

Also would love to see some photos of the back of guitar. :hbang:

Comparing this to a Gibson LP standard would be like comparing a ford f150 to a toyota camry. They do entirely different things, for entirely different demographics, with special considerations for each demographic.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Comparing this to a Gibson LP standard would be like comparing a ford f150 to a toyota camry. They do entirely different things, for entirely different demographics, with special considerations for each demographic.

I was really relating to what quality you get for the amount of money you spend. Which is more like relating a $50,000 (Ford F150) vehicle to this $30,000 vehicle (Toyota Camry) that is much better quality. And wow I saved $20,000 dollars kinda comparison. :fawk:

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I was really relating to what quality you get for the amount of money you spend. Which is more like relating a $50,000 (Ford F150) vehicle to this $30,000 vehicle (Toyota Camry) that is much better quality. And wow I saved $20,000 dollars kinda comparison. :fawk:
Kiesel boner coming in nicely.

Najka

Reaction score
thanks
Whoa, nice! I have an old timey Radiation Green DC800. Those bright green colors are KILLER on guitars.

BUT, the real winner here is that knob. That's damn cool!
Thanks, Josh is really good at making custom knobs. Vik guitars just discovered him and has been sourcing knobs for some builds. He also can do pickguards. He's located in Phoenix so he's local to me which is nice, we had a chance to meet up.

here is his contact info:

Najka

Reaction score
The green with the richlite looks killer. Hngd.

Make sure you take the neck off and then complain a bit so we can get this thread to 20 pages.
haha, yeah it's a neck through but if the neck comes off I'll definitely have some complaints! I'm not privy (yeah fancy words get over it) to the neck coming off, is this a kiesel thing that happened? I have had nothing but incredible experience with keisel. Especially the DC models.. The playability and build quality are incredible. You also have to spec it right, but so far each one I've gotten has blown me away.

I've never been able to get the action as low as I can with these, and even compared to big name brand custom shops.. I can't justify spending the money when keisel gets me the same quality, as the mainstream big brands.

Najka

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how good looking the knob is, I never touch it!!
lol, same. it's dimmed out 100% of the time with the style I play. Thats why it's not near the bridge and moved to the where the tone traditionally is. This one is a push pull coil split. which i still very rarely use and really only in a recording situation.

Najka

Reaction score
t
Can't stop myself from coming back and looking at it :wub:. These are the type of builds I have in mind when comparing a modern price tag of something like a Gibson LP Standard (roughly $2800 ATM). I have no idea what the OP paid for this, but I'm sure it's prob somewhere around that price tag and it blows away or competes with anything at or above it's price level. :2c:

Also would love to see some photos of the back of guitar. :hbang:
his one was around the $2700, but a $300 option I opted for was the painted gloss neck. I know a lot of people think it can get tacky from sweat, but the trade off i think is the neck stays rock solid. This with the richlite board, there is very little chance of fret sprouting which is more common here in the dry Arizona climate. For me, the trade off is worth it, and ultimatley I don't really notice it. I would argue that unfinished necks, sometimes they can get "grainy" feeling over time as your sweat and moister gets into the pores of the wood.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
That is incredibly dope. I love 'go' guitars - just plug them in and go, not a bunch of extra shit all over it.

Happy NGD, dude. That's a great one :cheers:

Najka

Reaction score
This is so slick looking! I didn't know you had aftermarket pickup options with Kiesel but Nazgul for the win!
you can send them any pickup you want to install in it, the caveat is that you have to purchase it and send it. They seem pretty open to do any kind of electronics, and have done some funny stuff for me in the past, like install a on/off switch with no volume or tone haha.

Najka

Reaction score
That is incredibly dope. I love 'go' guitars - just plug them in and go, not a bunch of extra shit all over it.

Happy NGD, dude. That's a great one :cheers:
yeah, playing live - at least metal I've noticed it gets pretty tough to start distinguishing when the guitar player switches between neck and bridge.. could just be I'm tone def but most people don't really care. Once my fiancé asked, "why is there 2 pickups" and I proceeded to play a couple clean chords and switch between the 2. She looked at me with a blank face and said "what's the difference it sounds the exact same" :lol:. I'm also using modelers, so the patches are just all dialed in to work with the bridge pickups.

I've had situations where my tone went all muddy and it took a minute to realize the tone knob had been moved

Najka

Reaction score
yeah, in the current guitar environment - and especially with the musician demographic of this forum in my opinion kiesel is winning for value vs cost.

I remember when custom shop Jacksons and ESPs where within my grasp, you could get them for 3-4k which was still a butt load of cash to drop on a guitar but now.. 6, 7 8k?? who is buying these guitars :lol:

S4M4R1N

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Awesome guitar. I think this was featured by Jeff in Kiesel FB stories I saw earlier. How do you like Kiesel's richlite vs ebony?